Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trucker-shorts! (shorter than Bermudas)

I blame these dads
7E8B321D-6DC4-4C2E-8806-F0303F9FC2EB.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I blame it on bicycle, men ankle pants, skinny skinnyjeans, short shorts, sandals, fannypack, all stemmed from bicycling.

doug5551

New in Town
If I was looking to get a pair of Trucker Shorts as a Christmas present for a friend, does anyone have a stockist or retailer they would recommend???

Its December and the holidays are coming quickly, so this is definitely a time-sensitive request.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have some really nice Japanese denim cut offs for sale and I will even throw in a leather Perfecto to go with them. Very expensive though, I was thinking one billion dollars for this fit.
You beat me to it! I was going to say that the best trucker shorts are the ones you make yourself. I like to cut them off short enough that the front Pocket bags hang down belo the hem. It a really cool look!

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I have some really nice Japanese denim cut offs for sale and I will even throw in a leather Perfecto to go with them. Very expensive though, I was thinking one billion dollars for this fit.
I would buy it but I'm afraid that a leather jacket is an invitation for trouble.

doug5551

New in Town
I've been a professional truck driver for four different companies since 1979. If "trucker shorts" exist, I've never heard of them except for the FedEx and UPS uniforms, and I don't consider their drivers as "truckers".
Of course Trucker Shorts exist.

If they didn't, @Trenchfriend would not have made a thread about them on TFL.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been a professional truck driver for four different companies since 1979. If "trucker shorts" exist, I've never heard of them except for the FedEx and UPS uniforms, and I don't consider their drivers as "truckers".
You might be the missing piece of the puzzle here. If you and some of the other truckers you know started wearing trucker shorts during the hotter months of the year then this could really take off.
forget about Ashton Kutcher and the trucker hat craze, this has the potential to be much much bigger.

Actually, my shortest jeans shorts are still 26 cm leg. Classic Denim.
If I would have something shorter and someone would ever complain to me (what probably never happens in Germany), I would simply say, that from the 70s to the 90s, no one had a problem with shorts. So what strange happened after the 90s??

Fonzie

One Too Many

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
The Öhlschläger twins from Munich were probably the most prominent advocates of trucker shorts. They wore them even in the depths of winter.
View attachment 566120
Source and copyright: https://www.radiogong.de/muenchner-kultzwilling-gestorben
Oh my. Apparently they were a local national treasure for their attire and public squabbling. I can't even imagine considering wearing anything like that much less wearing it in public. Still, I admire their onions for being who they were. The world certainly has some colorful inhabitants!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Cut off black jean shorts were cool when I was growing up. It was knee length and some guys rock them with combat boots where as I just did gym socks and Vans. The chicks would be wearing similar stuff but just much shorter and showed a lot more skin. Good times. Once I started working, shorts became a big no no. And it has been khaki pants or plain trousers ever since. Though I was taking a humor stance in my previous post, I’d wish I can go back to the days when I wore shorts and not pants. Mid life crisis it is.

I think @Carlos840 said it best years ago- If you ain’t engaged in sports or some sort of physical activity, at the beach, or are older than 12 years old, never, ever, ever, wear shorts. Especially basketball shorts.

I endorse that message. Haha. Miss that dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy