Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Confessions: My Sordid String of Love Affairs

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Shearer said:
This Thread Needs More Sordidness

Jack_Skellington.jpg

Hehehehe!

LD

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
My first true love!
fonzie.jpg
"Heyyyyy, Checkout the Avatar" :eek: , I'd never noticed that... even have an early-50s "Fireball" jukebox in the dining room lol

juke02b.jpg

Just need to figure how to rig it so it starts playing when I pound it...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cousin Hepcat said:
"Heyyyyy, Checkout the Avatar" :eek: , I'd never noticed that... even have an early-50s "Fireball" jukebox in the dining room lol

juke02b.jpg

Just need to figure how to rig it so it starts playing when I pound it...

Watch out, I still have a soft spot for him!!! Hmmmm, nice avatar indeed:) Let me know when you get that jukebox move down, I'd think you were heaven sent!
This is soo embarrassing, but we're all friends so I'll fill you in. When I was a wee tot my dad nicknamed me Checher Rooney. I have no idea why, I think it might be a yiddish thing, he can't even explain it. Even though I'm now a fully grown adult, he still calls me Rooney. (no this has nothing to do with Andy Rooney, I loath him!) Anyway, I guess I had a little brown leather jacket, I'd put it on and walk around saying "Heeeey, I'm the Roon" kind of like Hey I'm the Fonze, and I would tell everybody that I was Arthur Fonzerelli's real life girlfriend. I do have a picture of me somewhere giving the thumbs up. My cousin, a writer and photographer for Newsweek, did an article on him. She spent a few days with him, and even water skied with him. He was an avid water skier. Well, I got an autographed picture. I was in heaven!!

MrBern said:
Actually , did you see her on tv's In Case of Emergency the last few weeks?
She's been appearing as one of the adult character's mom. And a sordid update of MrsRobinson. She was wearing trendy `60s gear and I couldnt get over how young she looks.
ohhenry_01.jpg
ohhenry_03.jpg

Those Hollywood makeup artists could make Phyllis Diller look like Katie Holmes. Appearance in movies is like the biggest sham on looks. You ever seen Cameron Diaz without makeup on the street? :eek: Its a sight I don't want to recollect again. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Those Hollywood makeup artists could make Phyllis Diller look like Katie Holmes. Appearance in movies is like the biggest sham on looks. You ever seen Cameron Diaz without makeup on the street? :eek: Its a sight I don't want to recollect again. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

Actually, thats the issue w/ HD tv, the makeup artists are scrambling

Yes, I was once almost knocked over by unmadeup Gwyneth Paltrow. She was like a crazy person on the street rushing to a restaurant. My girlfriend was appalled. Scarey. A week later I saw NAtaliePortman near the same spot & she was like an ethereal vision.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Elaina said:
Well, Daisy, I was always a Potsy girl myself. I STILL get teased over it to this day by my brother. (Of course, I married a guy that looked a lot like him.)

Actually, although I had a huge crush on Fonzie out of the straight and narrow boys on the show, I always though Potsy was very cute. Even though I think the bad boy look can be attractive, the few men I have loved have been more of the "clean cut" type. Oh, and I totally have a thing for a man in uniform. I've dated quite a few cops and men in the military. mmmmmmm, sooooo cute with those crew cuts.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Face, from the A-Team, was my first TV crush.

dirkbenedictfacemanpc0.jpg

He narrowly displaced McGyver for the No. 1 spot in my first-grader affections because he had a machine-gun.

Novella

Practically Family
Elaina said:
Well, Daisy, I was always a Potsy girl myself. I STILL get teased over it to this day by my brother. (Of course, I married a guy that looked a lot like him.)

The Fonze is classic, but I can definitely see the Potsy attraction too!

Shearer

Practically Family
Viola said:
Face, from the A-Team, was my first TV crush.

dirkbenedictfacemanpc0.jpg

He narrowly displaced McGyver for the No. 1 spot in my first-grader affections because he had a machine-gun.

Oh, my! I forgot about him! :eek: Me too, Viola, me too :eek:

Things are getting crazy in here.

Doh!

One Too Many
jamespowers said:

Regards,

J

Well, jeez, you could use that argument with ANY of the women on this thread ("Have you ever seen Grace Kelly without her makeup? Lordy, her mustache was bigger'n Tom Selleck's!")

Doh! said:
Well, jeez, you could use that argument with ANY of the women on this thread ("Have you ever seen Grace Kelly without her makeup? Lordy, her mustache was bigger'n Tom Selleck's!")

Bigger than Tom Selleck's! :p lol lol lol lol lol
Not really. There are several women that look good in their times. We just have to admit that age catches up with everyone---whether we like it or not. :eusa_doh: [huh]
Cameron Diaz is a different story though. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

Doh!

One Too Many
I've seen those "Celebrities Without Makeup" photos and they are indeed a scary sight. The stars of yesterday probably looked the same way -- but never left the house without makeup so there's no evidence to support this.

Awhile back, I was at a friend's house watching SNL in high def AND on a very large, flat-screen TV. When Tina Fey did the news, her facial scar looked much longer and deeper on her face than normal. I find her very attractive, but it was pretty jolting. I wonder if they do anything special makeup-wise now that she's on 30 Rock...?

main1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner