Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Confessions: My Sordid String of Love Affairs

Doh! said:
I've seen those "Celebrities Without Makeup" photos and they are indeed a scary sight. The stars of yesterday probably looked the same way -- but never left the house without makeup so there's no evidence to support this.

Awhile back, I was at a friend's house watching SNL in high def AND on a very large, flat-screen TV. When Tina Fey did the news, her facial scar looked much longer and deeper on her face than normal. I find her very attractive, but it was pretty jolting. I wonder if they do anything special makeup-wise now that she's on 30 Rock...?

main1.jpg

Now you are talking about completely cheating rather than my point about stars not being ageless. :p
Facial scars in the golden era were out unless it was a horror film or a film noir kind of thing.
Movies and Hollywood have always been an imaginary kind of place. From lenses that make you look thinner to makeup an inch or two thick, they do it all to create an image that really is not so.
Everytime I watch Edward James Olmos, I wonder what he actually looks like without makeup. :eek: [huh]

Regards,

J

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Saw her in "Being John Malkovich" without makeup,...:eek:
So does this mean that all them gorgeous women we see are really not so,...err,... gorgeous without makeup???
Are there any women at all out there that possess natural beauty?
(With the exception of course of all the lovely ladies here in the Fedora Lounge!;) )

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I don't think I've ever had so much fun at work while looking at this thread. Here's mine...

crush1.jpg

I was addicted to MTV as a kid....

crush2.jpg

crush3.jpg

crush4.jpg

crush5.jpg

I still got it bad for these guys; especially Morrissey :eek:

And let me add...
crush.jpg

Haha!! I had it baaaaaaad for Jordan.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
...Anyway, I guess I had a little brown leather jacket, I'd put it on and walk around saying "Heeeey, I'm the Roon" kind of like Hey I'm the Fonze, and I would tell everybody that I was Arthur Fonzerelli's real life girlfriend. I do have a picture of me somewhere giving the thumbs up.
lol got a pic of me somewhere, age 5 at the mall, with one of those cardboard stand-ups of The Fonz w/ face cut out, where you stand behind it...

That's really cool that you got an autographed pic of your hero :eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:
I don't think I've ever had so much fun at work while looking at this thread. Here's mine...

crush1.jpg

crush2.jpg

crush3.jpg

crush4.jpg

crush5.jpg

I still got it bad for these guys; especially Morrissey :eek:

And let me add...
crush.jpg

Haha!! I had it baaaaaaad for Jordan.

Is it the hair in the face? :p ;)

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cousin Hepcat said:
lol got a pic of me somewhere, age 5 at the mall, with one of those cardboard stand-ups of The Fonz w/ face cut out, where you stand behind it...

That's really cool that you got an autographed pic of your hero :eusa_clap

You must find this pic, but you should be warned that if you do post it I might instantly fall in love with you!;)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amy Jeanne said:

crush1.jpg

I was so madly in love with George! Funny that you bring them up, I was at my parents house a few weeks ago and was looking for something in the room that was once my bedroom. I was digging through my drawers and I found my "Choose Life" T-shirt and a bunch of concert T-shirts one of which was from Wham's first world tour. Geesh, did that bring up some fun memorie!:D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Of course, if I were going to hop into this thread, it would be to post about 100 pictures of ladies from The Fedora Lounge, with whom I have fallen in and out of love numerous times in the past couple of years. :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Is it the hair in the face? :p ;)

LD

YES!! In the 80s I had a serious "thing" for swoopy hair in the face! All the little skater boys had the same 'do -- I was so crushed out.

Daisy Buchanan said:
I was so madly in love with George!

I was, too. He was my very first celebrity crush. I had photos of him in my Trapper Keeper in 5th Grade. *sigh*

scotrace said:
Of course, if I were going to hop into this thread, it would be to post about 100 pictures of ladies from The Fedora Lounge, with whom I have fallen in and out of love numerous times in the past couple of years.

I wouldn't mind seeing that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner