Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Hero.Cuba Gooding Does Good

Hondo

One Too Many
I always admired Cuba Gooding, it just goes to show you what an outstanding person as well as actor he really is, I happen upon the article 4 hrs ago, its all true.

Cuba Gooding Jr. offered some refreshing yin to troubled Hollywood's yang last week, managing to play real-life hero on the streets of Tinseltown.

While picking up a Memorial Day dinner for his family at the Hollywood branch of Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles, the Oscar-winning actor came to the rescue of an apparent gunshot victim.

A Los Angeles police spokesperson confirmed to E! Online that the 39-year-old Jerry Maguire star was sitting in his car outside the restaurant when he heard several gunshots go off.

Gooding then saw a young man walking toward him, clutching his head and profusely bleeding from the neck . As Gooding began to approach the 20-year-old to ask if he needed help, the victim collapsed on the street.

The actor immediately began tending to the young man, calling in to the ever-ready Roscoe's for towels to get the bleeding under control and flagging down a passing squad car to enlist some official aid.

Gooding remained at the scene with the man, whose identity has not been revealed, until an ambulance arrived to take him to a nearby hospital. The victim's current condition is also unknown, though the New York Daily News, which first reported the incident, said that he was believed to have improved.

The newspaper also reported that Gooding apparently left the scene without picking up his dinner order.

A hero's work is never done.

As for his day job, Gooding is next set to star in the suddenly aptly titled crime drama Hero Wanted alongside Ray Liotta and Jean Smart. The film follows a man who tracks down and kills a criminal who left him for dead during a botched bank robbery only to have the slain criminal's associates seek vengeance of their own.

That Hero hits theaters in December.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap

Good for him. Forget the fact he's in the movies, he's a human being helping out another. That's courage.

Feraud

Bartender
Hondo said:
As for his day job, Gooding is next set to star in the suddenly aptly titled crime drama Hero Wanted alongside Ray Liotta and Jean Smart. The film follows a man who tracks down and kills a criminal who left him for dead during a botched bank robbery only to have the slain criminal's associates seek vengeance of their own.

That Hero hits theaters in December.
Off topic but does this film sound like Point Blank with Lee Marvin? It has been a long while since I saw the film and could be wrong..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner