Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turquoise/Native American jewelry

OMG that is awesome!

Thank you... I am very partial to these as well. They are very easy to wear. The Chumash culture was mostly destroyed by the Spanish missions in California. At some point I will have to find the right home for the three strands I've purchased over the years.

Here is a close-up of a double necklace of antique Venetian lampwork trade beads. I'm wearing them today.

venetian_lampwork.jpg

101119_1.jpg

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
A couple of recent additions to share. First is an antique Navajo three strand necklace of red and black Mediterranean coral interspersed with benchmade silver beads. Below it is a single strand necklace of matched 19th century Venetian glass lampwork trade beads.

coral1.jpg

coral2.jpg

coral3.jpg

lampwork1.jpg

lampwork2.jpg
The coral one is definitely me...nice addition[emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
Picked this up today, ring by Navajo artist Will Denetdale. Been trying to find a ring for my middle/index finger for a while but needed a 14 1/2 and this fell into my lap browsing a store. Not sure on the turquoise—Kingman maybe? In person the matrix is more brown than the black it appears in the photo.

DB2AB889-5DC6-4F14-967B-F73A72C40D25.jpeg

Been shopping for the holidays... a few purchases:

Antique bracelet with nice Nevada blue stone - Harvey era I think.

nevadablueturqcuff1.jpg

nevadablueturqcuff2.jpg

nevadablueturqcuff3.jpg

Antique Navajo necklace, olivella shell heishi and turquoise with attached tied on jaclas (ear strings).
heishi1.jpg

heishi2.jpg

heishi3.jpg

heishi4.jpg

A ten strand Pueblo coral necklace strung with fluted silver beads and findings.

coral10strand1.jpg

coral10strand3.jpg

coral10strand2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ