Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tweed Norfolk Jacket

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Very nice! I've also seen a good number of these types of jackets (sometimes called "tweed shooting jackets") on British eBay: www.ebay.co.uk

Here's a high-end example. In fact, this one comes with plus-fours: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BESPOKE...1QQihZ015QQcategoryZ52987QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The eBay jackets (which are secondhand) don't go for cheap, but they *usually* sell for about $20 or $30 less than the one in your link. Then again, there's no guarantee that eBay will have one in your size.

Baggers

Practically Family
That suit looks great! No great loss to me, though, since I wear a 42 Reg. I liked the pleated pockets on the skirt. I believe the shooting jacket on the web site I posted had those, as well as a half belt and knife pleats on the back.

I've certainly spent more than my fair share on the 'Bay over the years and it can be a wonderful resource, but I'm beginning to feel a bit gun shy these days, especially with clothing auctions. I don't know why, maybe it's the snipers that have started frequenting the place.

I have two or three tweed jackets in my closet already and my wife would throttle me if another one appeared, but I found the Distinctly British item intriguing so I thought I'd share. Still, it is tempting. After all, I don't have a Norfolk, and Fall is approaching... ;)

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR