Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two new pairs of boots ...

Plumbline

One Too Many
The first ones are Red Wing Beckam Chukkas

http://www.selectism.com/2010/01/21...n-chukka-boots/redwing-beckman-chukka-boot-1/

The next are old school but not Golden Era old school ... Clarks Originals in
Burgundy HORWEEN CXL Steer :)

http://www.ark.co.uk/item/clarks-or...ampaign=gmc&gclid=CNbPxrvU87gCFUXKtAodDF8AdA#

Both great in different ways ... the Clarks are Soooooo comfy. The Red Wings are absolutley solid .. I prefered these to the Wolverine 1000mile's

Pics and review in a week or so after a few weeks wearing ... but current view is these are awesome !

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Got then almost 3 weeks ago ..... so far they are great, took a week or so to break in ( they are SOLID when new) but softened up pretty quickly. Great construction and look like they will last a VERY long time. Had to go UP half a size and they were well worth $250 ( which is what I got them for direct from the I10 Red Wing store in Houston .. with company discount of around $50 )

3 weeks in they're really comfy .. didn't blister ... and look great with jeans or twill's :)

Too bad the RW store doesn't stock any in blue!
Apparently the construction guys turn their nose up at them.
;-)

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Did you get these? I'm going to the Red Wing store later today!

There's a great deal on several Red Wing Heritage moc-toe, crepe sole, and moccasins at the Clymb. I just posted this on the General Attire & Accoutrements forum.

I just bought a pair of Red Wing Heritage 2936 Lineman boots of The Clymb for $163. They have several styles on sale for ~47% off and I rarely see Red Wing Heritage on sale. Actually thinking about ordering the Wabasha 9186 style because the price is so reasonable. Anyone own a pair and can comment on what they think of them?

Shameless plug - use my invite here and if you order a pair I get a $25 credit - http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/ColoradoRider.

Here's what I bought. I'll let you know what I think about them when they come in:
2936-4.jpg

Dav

One Too Many
Picked up a pair of desert boots last week myself, you're right, very comfy straight out of the box, a classic design IMO.
I almost went for the Horween Burgundy, but opted for the Bees-wax in the end.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
I wasn't aware of Clarks DBs in that colour, so I went in today for a look-see but unfortunately they didn't have any. I've been wearing two pairs of their suede desert boots in a warm climate for the last three months and they couldn't have been a better buy, light and comfortable, although I do wear a thin insole.

pauleway

Practically Family
I'm sure you boot guys have heard of these already, but for those who haven't, check out the Danner boots. Some nice styles and gortex linings to keep your feet dry when the wet weather comes!

Plumbline

One Too Many
Theyve had little wear to be honest as I've been wearing converses and shoes most of the summer ... the Beckmans have been worn 4 or 5 times ( more dressy than the Clarks so wear them to work )

schitzo

Suspended
Any pics of the burgundy and beeswax clarks after some wear? I need a pair but cant decide color :D

I had a couple of pairs of beeswax delivered last week. I tried on the 10.5s and they look great but I ended up choosing a different model because the fit is too narrow. Anyway, with those as soon as you put them on you've got wear creases, which I think look cool. Very nice leather and a nice sole too, just too damn narrow

Dav

One Too Many
Here's my beeswax pair with some wear on, mostly from last year, wasn't too keen on the sole to be honest, so haven't worn them this summer.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
They do look waxy. I wonder if this is the right leather for me. Dont get me wrong, they look good, but I was trying to aim for a more dressy look.

Maybe I have to get theese :D

26103647_main_520x351.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I really need the desert boot because the soles make me able to wear them all day and them some without pain. If Im going out for a long walk I always choose my desert boots over my jack purcells so I think that says something about how comfy they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner