Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FINALLY!!!!! A Pair of Boots that Fit "Right" out of the box!!!!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Folks, in case you don't know or might have forgotten, I've BIG, TALL hard to fit feets. I'm a size 12 EEE with an extremely high arch. I'm more comfortable wearing the boxes than the shoes. Oh I can find generic, Chinese rubber bottomed walking shoes to wear but nice stylish boots and shoes? Fugedaboudit!!!! I've looked and tried the following:

Chippewa's - Arch/instep not high enough... look good but cut into my arch.

Red Wing Beckman Chukas - Same as above but worse.

Clark Roar Boot Chuckas - Liveable, but barely so.

All of the above I had stretched at the shoe store so I can get SOME wear out of em but it's mild torture at best. Finally I saw a pair of size 12 EEE "1000 Mile" Wolverines in Horween Cordovan on the Bay. They looked great. But the were also north of $300 dollars and I wasn't about to take a flyer on a boot that costly tried unseen. So I waited, waited, waited... and waited some more. Finally the price came down to the $280 range and I bit. Man am I glad I did. With the other boots mentioned above I have to use shoe horn and thin socks to get em on in under 5 minutes... These bad boys slipped right on. The look marvelous and smell even better. I just wore em to the movies and around town and it was like walking in slippers. I feel like a school boy on his first date.... I'm in effin' love and I don't care who knows it.

7b52e252-4933-4785-9898-4ecd6127e79e_zpsc37438fc.jpg

Worf

Gromulus

Practically Family
Very nice Worf. What a coincidence, I just ordered a brown pair of these on Amazon ($255 + shipping) this evening. I have heard good things about the 1000 mile boots and finally bit as well.

I hope I like them as much as you obviously like yours. Enjoy!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, I wear a 13 AA shoe or boot and also have a hard time finding shoes that fit. I could probably fit both of my feet inside one of your new Wolverine. :D Congratulations! Always great to find something that fits a hard to fit foot.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Killer boots, man! I have red wing gentleman travelers. Wish i had got the wolverines but it was before i learned about horween. They look great.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
I've been thinking of getting me a pair of those too. They look awesome and I have had great luck with Wolverine shoes in the past. Price was the objection and quelled my desire with the 1,000 milers, but now I think I must bite the proverbial bullet and just get me some. Thanks for the review Worf.:D

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Good stuff Worf! I'm a 13EEE. It's no fun out there. I have 2 pair of wesco on order...can't wait for ( hopefully)pain free walking....they look great mate, enjoy being like a normal person...;)

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Great boots Worf! It's always nice to find something that fits right out of the box.

With your fit problems, I am surprised you haven't tried a semi custom boot like White's or Wesco. They do all kinds of unusual sizes, and I think you can do wider widths without going full custom.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Beautiful shoes. I tried the 1000 Miles once in a shop in Eindhoven and found them quite comfortable. Unfortunately the asking-price in Europe is 400 Euros, call that 500 $. Buggers. :)

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice Worf ....tried a pair of these on in Allen Edmunds Factory shop in South Carolina and they were excellent but they didn't have black ( I already have redwing Beckmans in Burgundy ) :(

Wear em well :D

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, Worf:
Nice! I like my 1000-miles, too. Wear them all the time. But, down in the size 9-10 range, they don't come in E sizes for guys with wide, fairly flat feet, so I had to go a half-size up to fit. Even so, skinny socks are the rule. I'm glad you were able to get fitted out with boots you like and can wear; it's a drag having to dispense entirely with fashion to find shoes that work. Enjoy. They look great!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Worf, you must BUY ANOTHER PAIR immediately in case they stop making them. In fact, buy two more pairs. It might seem costly right now, but if you don't you'll be kicking yourself later if you can't find another new pair when these get worn down.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hi, Worf:
Nice! I like my 1000-miles, too. Wear them all the time. But, down in the size 9-10 range, they don't come in E sizes for guys with wide, fairly flat feet, so I had to go a half-size up to fit. Even so, skinny socks are the rule. I'm glad you were able to get fitted out with boots you like and can wear; it's a drag having to dispense entirely with fashion to find shoes that work. Enjoy. They look great!

Just noticed on the Wolverine site they are offering Wider widths for all sizes now! Thanks for posting Worf as I would never have checked out the 1000 miles Boots because originally they only offered them in D widths as Jack mentions here.

https://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/20591M/0/Mens/1000-Mile-Boot?dimensions=0

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Fellahs... thanks for the love.... For those of you on either end of the bell curve... like Brothers Fanch and Bunyip and.... moi, there's no better feeling than finally.. FINALLY finding something you like that FITS your feets! I'm gettin' ready to wear em some more. Can't help it!!! Doc Damage... you magnificent basterd.... you read my mind!!!!!! I was already planning on getting some more by hook or crook.. but the family's gotta eat... (******). OTH go get some boots!!!!!

Thanks guys...

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Worf, you must BUY ANOTHER PAIR immediately in case they stop making them. In fact, buy two more pairs. It might seem costly right now, but if you don't you'll be kicking yourself later if you can't find another new pair when these get worn down.
Can't argue with that...or have White's etc custom fit a pair for whatever crazy amount of money they want to do so. 6...7...$800 later, and all of a sudden you think $300 sounds like a steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland