Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two new pairs of boots ...

schitzo

Suspended
idk about that but if you read what it says about the soles on the link I posted I think you might like what you read.

I tried on 4 different models in the shop and settled on those for being the most comfortable

The soles don't last that long though. Either they wear down, or in the case of my pair of Clark's Roar, they come apart. Don't get me wrong, I own a pair but don't wear them everyday. My John Varvatos chukkas are more sturdy. I still think the Beckman chukkas are great!

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Im not gonna get any other boots. I have had my suede deserts for almost exactly 4 years now, and I use them every other day and they are still looking as good as ever, and the sole is very little worn. Still comfy.

So I think I gotta look at the burgundy, but since I dont own any other burgundy shoes, does it go with everything? Will it go with Aero brown FQHH? Will it go with the "brown" Gustin trucker? What is the law here?

Plumbline

One Too Many
Both the Burgundy Clarks and Red Wings go very well with either Brown or Cordovan or Burgundy Leather ( my Burgundy AL Simmonds Billt is a perfect match) but it's also good with my Aero Brown HB Deluxe and LHB.

My general rule is brown and burgundy are interchangable ( jackets / shoes ) including seal brown goat in USN's.

Black gets black shoes :D

Johnny Depp can carry off black and brown ... but I can't :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I can see the seal cheyenne going with burgundy. Always felt the aero seal had a little purple in it!

Thanks for clarification on this. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner