Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Type B flying helmet sold for 2.700£!!!

Eyemo

Practically Family
Gets better!!..Top stuff, and boy there are some great beers in South Wales!!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Eyemo said:
Gets better!!..Top stuff, and boy there are some great beers in South Wales!!
As long as I can get a pint of good stout, I'd be quite happy! :)

You have some really nice stuff there, Eyemo, and I'm quite envious of that Sidcot. Unfortunately some automobile-related misfortune (darned head gasket blew on my car) is causing me have to part with a couple prized pieces of my collection (a near-mint pair of Mk.VIIA goggles and a nice custom Knox USAAF Officer's Service Cap) in order to help pay for the repair. :(

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Are we having a plan or are we having a plan:D
Meet up in god ol London town - then to Duxford (of course) - from there to the south of Wales - and back to London via Kent and all the old airfields there. (lots of Spitfire Ale there too)
oh well, I am rambling on....somebody stop me!!!!!!!!:eusa_doh:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'd love to Søren but I think it may have to wait a year or two for us as we're looking at buying an MG shortly ;)

Windsock

A-List Customer
I can fix you up with both an MG and Type B Tim! (What kind of MG are you looking at btw?)

Soren, good to hear you're getting the Sefton ensemble, it sounds great and post some shots when you get it. I think it's definitely the way to go for you, as there's always something wrong with an original unless you fork out the really big money.

Tim, Soren's passed on mine, and as you're buying a new car I doubt you can spare money for this so i'll just let you look at the pictures. This one came with a set of modified Gosports fitted. I'd say that it was probably done post war for use in a Tiger or similar.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Bloody hell that's nice Andrew! What stunning nick it's in!

In terms of the MG, we're after a Mk II B (so around a '68, '69 one) and it must have overdrive and ideally as original as possible. Just started having a look around on carsales.com.au as we're looking at picking one up in the next couple of months. There's actually a fair few out there for sale at the mo.

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Smithy said:
Here's the link Mr Johnson...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300386281979&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

The auction has ended so I imagine the bartenders here do not mind my posting it.

Absolutely insane price.

And the lenses, like the ones in the similar pair that just sold on ebay, are actually post-war stadium items in chrome surrounds :rolleyes: The box is really tatty and there are no tinted lenses included. Makes the boxed pair I bought at Stoneleigh look a bargain at £160!

Windsock

A-List Customer
That's excellent Soren, what a thing of beauty. My original setup cost me a whole leg. And... the bonus here is that you can even play with it without fear of harm!!

Tim, something like this? 1969 MkII Overdrive. The only model to consider. Good luck with the search.
P6290062-1.jpg

Mate, I think ive found my lost twin....:)

Eyemo

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Some pictures from Sefton Clothing Co of the "Type B ensemble" comming my way in a couple of weeks...:D

dmasksetup2.jpg

All I need now is a pair of goggles...

I have the mask ...and it's spot on!!!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Windsock said:
That's excellent Soren, what a thing of beauty. My original setup cost me a whole leg. And... the bonus here is that you can even play with it without fear of harm!!

Tim, something like this? 1969 MkII Overdrive. The only model to consider. Good luck with the search.
P6290062-1.jpg

Mate, I think ive found my lost twin....:)

:eek:fftopic:

Andrew, it's long overdue for you and I to have a few beers and talk everything RAF and classic British sports cars.

Your B is exactly what we are after (although the wife has her heart set on red). A friend of a mate of ours has a '69 which he's thinking of selling, it's in a mild state of tune (Stage 2 head, fast cam, etc) which I am off to have a shufti at this weekend. We'll see how it pans out ;)

Søren, you've done the right think with the Sefton offering, beautifully made and none of the worry of having an original. Look forward to the pics of it when you receive it.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Apologies for picture quality….but here are some of my collection that will feature in our museum…
The RAF Piolot is wearing a very nice Original Sgt Pilot uniform.

C1.png

c3.png

c4.png

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
That's some pretty amazing stuff you got there Eyemo!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Right now I am just trying to hunt down a "nice head" to display my TypeB on. (Besides my own - now and then)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
That's some pretty amazing stuff you got there Eyemo!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Right now I am just trying to hunt down a "nice head" to display my TypeB on. (Besides my own - now and then)

Soren, I haven't checked to see if they ship overseas, but Barr Display carries some nice flesh-coloured styrofoam heads.
http://www.barrdisplay.com/store_fixtures/12_Male_Styrofoam_Head_Form/512_183_0.html
I use several in my "War Room". Here are a few with various bits of headgear that I have perched atop my bookcase. As you can see I've also embellished them with a little paint. By the way, that RAF Warrant Officer's cap sitting next to the head with the officer's cap and sunglasses is in an amazing size 8 1/8 (65cm)!
000_0091.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Eyemo, that looks wonderful.

I'm going to have to visit when I am next in the UK, just give me a year or two and I'll be there.

As I'm a Kiwi we might even be able to time it with the next time the All Blacks play Wales at Cardiff. Now that would be fun, RAF memorabilia, beer and rugby :D

Eyemo

Practically Family
More than welcome....btw..Dad used to play prop for Llanelli (Scarlets) back in the 70's

Eyemo

Practically Family
For you autograph collectors out there!!;)

I've got about three spare original autographs from "Air Marshal Sir Ivor Broom", WW2 Blenheim Pilot...if anybody would like one for their "War Room"...pm me your address...First come first served I'm afaraid...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Eyemo said:
More than welcome....btw..Dad used to play prop for Llanelli (Scarlets) back in the 70's

Your old man would be a rather big lad then I take it!

I'd be interested in one of those signatures Eyemo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24