Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uisce Beatha - A Discussion of Irish Whiskey

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Do you possibly know someone in Germany who could buy it for you and send it?

DHL takes 39,- bucks for shipping that from Germany to USA.
No, but that's all right. If I drank it every day, it wouldn't be as special as it is.

Last edited:
Still open for debate but decided last night IF I decide to keep only one Irish Single Malt this one loses out.

IMG_8271.jpg

IMG_8272.jpg

If you can find a place that'll ship Glendalough to CA, please let me know!
I plan to check the two liquor stores I frequent first but if they don't have Glendalough, the Celtic Ranch says they carry it. Their price will probably be above normal retail.

The Whiskey Snug at The Celtic Ranch

"The Whiskey Snug carries the Midwest region’s largest selection of Irish Whiskeys, Single Malt Scotches, unusual bourbons, ryes and an extensive offering of international spirits. You can purchase samples by the shot or take home a bottle to enjoy."

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I plan to check the two liquor stores I frequent first but if they don't have Glendalough, the Celtic Ranch says they carry it. Their price will probably be above normal retail.

The Whiskey Snug at The Celtic Ranch

"The Whiskey Snug carries the Midwest region’s largest selection of Irish Whiskeys, Single Malt Scotches, unusual bourbons, ryes and an extensive offering of international spirits. You can purchase samples by the shot or take home a bottle to enjoy."
OK, thanks for this heads up. I'll wait until we see if our area burns first, hoping for an end to all this lightning. I don't want to order something and then have it arrive to a vacant lot. :)

OK, thanks for this heads up. I'll wait until we see if our area burns first, hoping for an end to all this lightning. I don't want to order something and then have it arrive to a vacant lot. :)
I hope your home is not in the path of the flames! I did check store #1 today & they don't stock Glendalough. I'll check store #2 & the Celtic Ranch in the next couple of days. We're in for a hot wk so don't know when it will be.

Picked up another bottle of Connemara Original Peated, thought about moving up to the 12 but didn't.

Blackthorn,
I keep forgetting to update this but neither of the two good liquor stores I frequent carry Glendalough. I have not made it to Celtic Ranch yet but hope to get there soon.

Hope the wildfires no longer pose any danger to your home & family.

Some of this less wee beastie tonight...

full

Cheers

Turnip
On our trip to Scotland last autumn we never made it to Islay....to my regret. When it is safe (ish) to fly again we are back to Scotland to pick up the distilleries we missed. I love Islay malts and may spend a week on the island. Not a fan of big smoke, my fave is the Bowmore 18 and second is the Lagavallan Distillers Edition.....a decent amount of peat but doesn't smack you in the mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ