Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Um....Oops?

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Well, after suffering through a losing streak on EBay for the last few days - and after getting sniped on a few occasions - I began to grow frustrated. So, believing that I would lose most of the auctions, I bid on multiple auctions and went off to work the next day.

Well, (much to my surprise) upon returning from work, I find that not only have I won the hat that I wanted the most, but I also won two more hats that, um...I didn't quite expect to win.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...70011611230&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...70011615694&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...80011760095&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

My sincerest apologies to anyone else bidding on the other two. lol

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, it looks like you hit the mother load. All three look damn good! Bravo,good things come to those who bid on multiple hats:D

Daisy Buchanan

Wow, you lucky guy. I think that there is a bad luck streak going on. I keep losing auctions, either by being outbid or just plain forgetting about them. Today I pulled up an auction for a dress that I'd been watching for the past week, with 5 minutes left. I reminded myself to bid, and refreshed the page a few times. Then, I got engulfed in a news program, and completely forgot about the auction!! So close, yet so far away. This has happened to me all too much over the past few days. I think I need to get my memory checke.

Well, you are lucky. I'm happy that someone from the lounge is winning something on e-bay. All three hats are great looking. Enjoy them all :)

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Me? Lucky? No way! Now I've gotta face the one who watches my spending habits, the one who imposes self-control on my life, the Guardian of All Things Monetary - My girlfriend. Well, clearly she's not doing a good job. lol ;)

Visigoth, the exact hat size isn't a factor when it comes to my choosing of a hat. If it fits, then it fits. :) Do any of the aforementioned hats fit you, good sir?

Oh, and Daisy, I've had that happen before. But that's because I think I may be borderline ADD. lol

There's a program out there that supposedly prevents something like that from happening. Personally, I don't use it. The way it works is way too dirty for me.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
You have three nice hats . I'm curious about the last one . It's a Stetson Nutria which is a fantastic hat . But the size doesn't sound right . A 6 3/8 would fit my son who is 4 and I dont think Stetson made such a hat in that size . So maybe it's a 7 3/8 and you're in luck .

Steven

Woanzenagi

New in Town
Congrats

Some nice looking hats. I had sent an email to the seller of that 6 3/8 hat to confirm the size. He said it had a 20" circumference so I knew it wasn't a 7 3/8.

I've also been having a run of bad luck lately, been sniped out of four auctions this week. Oh well, there's more coming along with my name on them in the future.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
besdor said:
You have three nice hats . I'm curious about the last one . It's a Stetson Nutria which is a fantastic hat . But the size doesn't sound right . A 6 3/8 would fit my son who is 4 and I dont think Stetson made such a hat in that size . So maybe it's a 7 3/8 and you're in luck .

Steven

I was thinking the exact same thing, besdor.

I'm curious, though. What exactly is a Nutria? I presume it's a type of Western hat? It almost looks like an Open Road.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
DanielJones said:
See, you didn't get hosed after all. You got three for my one.;)
Looks like you got some good looking hats too. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

:)

I'm really glad I got the Playboy for such a low price. There is a new listing on it that is going for 125.00 dollars. :eek:

Now, all I need is an Open Road, a Whippet, and a Stratoliner. ;)

feltfan

Tony in Tarzana said:
It's a rodent. Apparently the fur is better than rabbit, not as good (or pricey) as beaver.

I am also curious about that nutria hat.
Tony, it's not as simple as 'better than rabbit,
not as good as beaver'. Nutria is *different*.
I have a nutria blend Stetson and there's a reason
they made a line of tough Western and outdoors hats,
including park ranger and scout hats, using nutria.
It's a bit luxurious like mink (if not that nice) but works
great in felt. I tell that nutria hat what to do and it does it.

Tommy, if it fits, you're gonna like it.
If it turns out to be 7 3/8, you'll have no
trouble selling it right here on FL. I might be interested...
Also curious about the sweatband on that hat- it looks
black, but should come from the era of brown sweats.
Those other hats are nice, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart