Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Umbrella stand?

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Hi all,

This might be a stupid question, but ...

I would like to get an umbrella stand/holder (looks like a tall trash can) for my umbrella and other similar stand-up objects. However, I have no idea where to get one!

Of course, I would like one that looks "vintage." Not worn, but maybe with a fancy vintage pattern or something.

I checked Bed, Bath and Beyond, but they don't carry any. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

P.S. BB&B had some GREAT vintage inspired items, especially in the wall art department, so its worth a look.

Inky

One Too Many
I got one with an asian inspired motif and made to look weathered, on overstock.com of all places. They still have a few styles available.

I remember when I searched, I could not find one to go with our style (eclectic to say the least) at all. As for true vintage, well, that would be a fun hunt for sure! I'd start with the old ebay, I guess.

Good luck, and show us what you find!! Ours is filled to capacity with parasols, walking sticks and even an actual rain umbrella.

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
Is constructing a built-in umbrella rack an option? We have one flanking our front door (sits alongside the cubbyholes) original to the house (circa 1921).

DSCN1468.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
You could do what I did and look around for an old milk can. I found one at a garage sale, painted it,and it works wonderfully for canes or umbrella's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran