Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Under Eyes?

Foofoogal

Banned
Trying to wear new toric contacts but now notice dark circles under my eyes more. Anyone know the best to hide this. I am alot French and some Indian so olive skinned. Thanks. Sandy

Ada Veen

Practically Family
touche eclat with a little bronzer or face powder dusted over it.

They did a test on 'how to look good naked' and touche eclat won. It's expensive but honestly, if I could only ever have one make-up product again it would be that.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tell me more about this touche eclat...YSL, no? I love YSL and will use any excuse to buy their stuff, but I want before afters and I want reviews from y'all! So git to it.

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
As an esthetician I would recommend besides covering them up to get down and dirty and fix it from the inside out by getting an eye serum with a high content of Ester C in it, Dermalogica has a great one in their Age Smart Line, as well as increase your intake of vitamin A which you can get from eating pineapples since are loaded with them instead of taking it in pill form will help diminish the dark circles.

Smuterella

One Too Many
BakingInPearls said:
As an esthetician I would recommend besides covering them up to get down and dirty and fix it from the inside out by getting an eye serum with a high content of Ester C in it, Dermalogica has a great one in their Age Smart Line, as well as increase your intake of vitamin A which you can get from eating pineapples since are loaded with them instead of taking it in pill form will help diminish the dark circles.

really, cos vitamin A is like the only thing I'm not deficient in and i still have big black circles

i think mine are depression related

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I hear you all, I belive there are a lot of things you can do with black circles if they are caused by something enviromental. But some of us are just born with it.

I have a very delicate, thin skin and the veins are just there, coloring my skin. I can't change that. I also have very high cheekbones, and I'm not complaining, i love that, but it has the effect of creating more visible shadows under my eyes.

I have tried all possible cures and remedies, and I have come to the conclusion that I just have to live with my dark circles. It's just natural for me.

I have found my perfect way of covering them up, (Everyday Minerals,) but I think there is no way for me to get rid of them for good.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I've just seen some great reviews on another site for Benefit's new Erase Paste. Ususally I don't rate Benefit as it's all pretty packaging and no actual use, but several have said this is an excelent concealer.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I bought a benefit one... I can't remember the name but it was a pen brush like touch eclat, and it wasn't very good.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got this one:

Almay Smart Shade concealer.

I like it a lot! It goes on paler than you are, then magically darkens until it matches your skin. And not very dark, which is good as I am pale.

Nice matte finish, doesn't call attention to lines. $10.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell, YSL's touche eclat is great, but there are other concealers that do the trick for less money.

The touche eclat is crazy expensive, it's only 2,5 ml. and here in Denmark it costs about $50. It's probably much cheaper in the US but when looking at the price you have to remember that the pretty golden container only contains 2,5 ml. It doesn't last me very long.

The concealer I've found to be just as good as touche eclat is Sisley's Phytocernes Eye Concealer. It's expensive too but you get a lot more concealer for the price. It's 15 ml. and it costs $80 (here, anyway).

04293183101.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Miss_Bella_Hell, YSL's touche eclat is great, but there are other concealers that do the trick for less money.

The touche eclat is crazy expensive, it's only 2,5 ml. and here in Denmark it costs about $50. It's probably much cheaper in the US but when looking at the price you have to remember that the pretty golden container only contains 2,5 ml. It doesn't last me very long.

The concealer I've found to be just as good as touche eclat is Sisley's Phytocernes Eye Concealer. It's expensive too but you get a lot more concealer for the price. It's 15 ml. and it costs $80 (here, anyway).

04293183101.jpg

Great tip Laura! I am going to test this out the next time I am in Magasin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner