Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Upcoming Dillinger movie

HATCO

Vendor
Apologies if someone else showed this already. Public Enemies featuring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

/Not our hat.

Public-Enemies_l.jpg

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
Awesome hat he is wearing. This looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie. Being in law enforcement and from SC I hope they do a good job portraying Melvin Purvis. Sometimes movies tend to glorify the outlaws and forget about the good guys. Either way though it looks to be a great hat movie.

spiridon

A-List Customer
Yeah that one looks very interesting! Sounds like both Depp and Christian really got into their roles. Looking forward to seeing this one.

duggap

Banned
Spiridon, nice to see you posting again. If I am not mistaken you have been away for awhile. I think that Delp hat looks like the last VS hat I got from Art. He did me the Trackside in Navy blue with a raw edge. If Art didn't make the hat, he could have.:p

MisterGrey

Practically Family
This really made my day. Warren Oates made a great Dillinger-- actually, most of the performances in that one are pretty solid-- but the film overall suffered from a poor script, not to mention its plethora of glaring historical errors and embellishments (such as not only making Purvis a sanctimonious jerk but also having him responsible for single-handedly killing every Public Enemy in the midwest and then smoking cigars over their fresh corpses). Hopefully this one will be a bit more true to life.

Looking at the IMDB entry, Giovanni Ribisi will be playing Alvin "Creepy" Karpis. Great choice.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Colby Jack said:
I'm looking forward to seeing this one also!...I wonder if Art made any hats for this movie?:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Nope Jack, I wasn't called on this one. Now that I've been a hermit for a few years I doubt I'll get many calls for films. Out of site, out of mind.

Welcome back Spiridon!!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Nope Jack, I wasn't called on this one. Now that I've been a hermit for a few years I doubt I'll get many calls for films. Out of site, out of mind.
So was Benjamin Buttons the last movie you provided a hat for?...Or do we have something else to look forward to?:eusa_clap :D

vintage68

Practically Family
Yeah, and Michael Mann directing gives me hope as well. I really enjoy his work. Looks like it's coming in July.

Looks like we need to buy a magazine:

johnny-depp-entertainment-weekly-co.jpg

Mann is a "gunny" director, so I'm looking forward to the period weapons and realistic firepower in addition to the costumes and sets.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Colby Jack said:
So was Benjamin Buttons the last movie you provided a hat for?...Or do we have something else to look forward to?:eusa_clap :D

Benjamin Buttons is it Jack. Like I said, I've been away from the industry for a while now so I have nothing else in the works.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Mr. Depp would not be my first choice to play the irascible Dillinger, but my wife enjoys anything with him in it.

However, I like gangster movies and tommy guns. So it's a win win.

"Crime Story" was one of my favorite television shows, and if Mr. Mann is a big part of this movie, it should be great.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't wait to see this one.

It's nice to see him in a Vintage type of hat. Don't get me wrong, like him, I love my Borso's, and he looks good in his....it's just nice to see a change of pace for him. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael