Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Update on Nivea in the little Tin

I just wanted everyone to know that the Nivea cream in the small tin is now also being made in Mexico like the large tub. When I first saw it I was afraid they changed the formula but I compared the ingredients to my tin that was made in Germany and they are the same. I will still continue to compare them just in case....::)

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Thanks, CherryRed, for that info.
I use the blue tin in my purse and its my favorite hand cream.
I didn't know they had switched where they produced it. I'll have to keep checking too.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
I just wanted everyone to know that the Nivea cream in the small tin is now also being made in Mexico like the large tub. When I first saw it I was afraid they changed the formula but I compared the ingredients to my tin that was made in Germany and they are the same. I will still continue to compare them just in case....::)

How do you know, does it say "made in mexico" on it? Or are the ingredients slightly different? I'm just curious as the stuff you buy over here doesn't have a "made in..." on, but does have the German details. I'd imagine it must be the stuff from there as it makes no sense to import from as far as Mexico, but companies have funny money saving ideas these days!

Fleur De Guerre said:
How do you know, does it say "made in mexico" on it? Or are the ingredients slightly different? I'm just curious as the stuff you buy over here doesn't have a "made in..." on, but does have the German details. I'd imagine it must be the stuff from there as it makes no sense to import from as far as Mexico, but companies have funny money saving ideas these days!

Yes, It says on back of the tin Made in....
It used to be Germany, then it switched to Poland for a very short time and now it is Mexico just like the large tub. (large tub is a different formula)

I will keep checking the ingredients on my new tin to my old tin whenever I get a new one.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Geographical proximity really...

I don't think you can even find the German Nivea in California anymore....it costs way more to import from there, they our Nafta neighbour....

Much like the imported veg in the UK comes from South Africa and Spain.....and ours comes from South America.....its all about whats closest and less costly to ship...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked up a new tin of the pocketbook sized Nivea a couple of days ago, I go through it way too fast and the tiny tin is so darn convenient. I have to carry some sort of hand cream with me, and I've tried others, but have never been happy with them. I really like some of The Body Shoppe's lotions, but I've had bad luck putting the smaller tubes in my hand bags. The tin never leaks, tubes of lotion tend to.
Anyway, I checked the back of mine. I never even noticed where it was made. Both my old tin and the new one I purchased were made in Germany. So either the store where I bought mine doesn't sell too many of them, and they haven't restocked in a while. Or the east coast still imports from this area. Either way, as long as the product is still the same, or better, I don't think about where it comes from.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
I picked up a new tin of the pocketbook sized Nivea a couple of days ago, I go through it way too fast and the tiny tin is so darn convenient. I have to carry some sort of hand cream with me, and I've tried others, but have never been happy with them. I really like some of The Body Shoppe's lotions, but I've had bad luck putting the smaller tubes in my hand bags. The tin never leaks, tubes of lotion tend to.
Anyway, I checked the back of mine. I never even noticed where it was made. Both my old tin and the new one I purchased were made in Germany. So either the store where I bought mine doesn't sell too many of them, and they haven't restocked in a while. Or the east coast still imports from this area. Either way, as long as the product is still the same, or better, I don't think about where it comes from.

Daisy, can you refill your purse-sized tin from a bigger tin of cream?

--Leslie

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Though no longer available in drugstores, I have seen several importers with online storefronts that stock the stuff. I've had personal experience with Smallflower.com, whose customer service is top-notch. Their price for the giant (400 mL) tin is $15.50.

You might also check eBay.

MissQueenie

Practically Family
International Nivea tins

I picked up a tin of Nivea when I was working in Jordan (my hands were so dry from the intense heat and wind and chapped from working that they were actually cracking and bleeding) and even though the cream has "spoiled" (for want of a better word), I kept the tin. It says Nivea on it in Arabic with the English in smaller print beneath. I figure I can always refill it from an American tin or use it to keep my sewing emergency kit in my purse...I'll post a photo of it when I get home :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Polka Dot said:
Though no longer available in drugstores, I have seen several importers with online storefronts that stock the stuff. I've had personal experience with Smallflower.com, whose customer service is top-notch. Their price for the giant (400 mL) tin is $15.50.

You might also check eBay.

Hmm, Walgreens and CVS still have 'em here. Perhaps your area drugstore was out?

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Using Nivea

I've only ever used Nivea on my hands and body. Do you ladies use it on your faces? If so, isn't it just a tad heavy.,

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I've tried it on my face and found it was too heavy, too. But I have used their facial moisterizer products before. Currently, I use Curel Ultra Healing because it can be used on the body and face and is just the right "lightness". I've got extremely sensitive skin and this stuff has been good to me so far.

I do carry in my purse the blue Nivea tin just for my hands. Its cute and practical. Since this thread has been posted, I'll be checking on the manufacturing site and watch for changes in the lotion formula (I'm hoping it doesn't).

It's also interesting that Kitty Carlisle recommended this. Does anyone know if the formula is still the same as it was in the 1940s? I know a lot of other beauty products changed over the years, so I'd be curious to know if the original formula fell by the wayside too.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
BonnieJean said:
I've tried it on my face and found it was too heavy, too. But I have used their facial moisterizer products before. Currently, I use Curel Ultra Healing because it can be used on the body and face and is just the right "lightness". I've got extremely sensitive skin and this stuff has been good to me so far.

I do carry in my purse the blue Nivea tin just for my hands. Its cute and practical. Since this thread has been posted, I'll be checking on the manufacturing site and watch for changes in the lotion formula (I'm hoping it doesn't).

It's also interesting that Kitty Carlisle recommended this. Does anyone know if the formula is still the same as it was in the 1940s? I know a lot of other beauty products changed over the years, so I'd be curious to know if the original formula fell by the wayside too.

Cetaphil has a wonderful line of products for sensitive skin. I use the bar soap in the shower. I have to be really careful with what I use on my body. I also used their bottled cleanser as a make up remover before switching to Ponds. The bottled cleanser doesn't foam like a soap. But it's really nice and not drying. I started using Ponds moisturizer and I really like it. My skin is soft and my make up goes on so nicely now. I do have to be careful with the amount I use in the morning. Too much and my nose is an oil slick, but at night, I use quite a bit. In the morning, my face isn't greasy and it feels so soft.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic: I love Pond's too! My skin is so much better since I've switched. Wish I had used this years ago.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari