Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Navy flight jacket

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Thanks for the information, jj and AF. It's in solid condition, fit is good. I only paid $3 for it so no complaints whatever it is.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
^Thanks for the information, jj and AF. It's in solid condition, fit is good. I only paid $3 for it so no complaints whatever it is.

Yes, you did very well. Although G-1 quality was generally at an ebb in the mid-seventies, Ralph Edwards produced by far the best jackets of that era. A solid RE G-1 like yours could easily bring $100.00 or more on e-bay.

AF

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Wish I could wear G-1 family jackets. I'm stocky and thick-necked, so most that fit me thru the chest and shoulders are too tight elsewhere.

I see old pix of airedales whose jackets actually blouse at the waist. None of mine do that even when they're on a hanger. :eusa_doh:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Good Old G1

LastScan.jpg
I personally like your jacket Dinnerman! Hang onto it and wear the hell out of it! I had a similar one I bought for $20 in the late 80s, the only photo I have of it is this one, it is next to my left hand. It was a Vietnam era jacket, the zipper was comming of at the bottom, the cuffs were well frayed, and the collier had a strange green shade going on, didn't seem to affect me, hard to tell for sure! As you can see I used it, got oil and dirt on it, didn't care. Wore it to Idaho to look at some Lockheed PV2s at John Lane's restoration shop. He had brand new R2800 engines still in there original cans! I sold the jacket for $100, whish I never did! Incidently, the reason I am grimacing in the photo, I had a peace of safety wire in one of my fingers, I could not let go tell my helper got the filter started. As usual, a useless bystander was watching. Like I said, hang on to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran