Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vancouver (Canada) Contingent: Share Your Olymic Trials

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
What is changing as preparations are made? What are you seeing? What are you hearing? Has it impacted your life yet? Is it an economic boon or a money pit?

Looking forward to it? Dreading? Any chance a Fedora Lounge group might do a trip?

Warbaby

One Too Many
Out here on Vancouver Island nobody seems to paying much attention to the coming Olympics. Of course, the local small-time politicos are touting it as a boon to commerce, but I can't see a whole lot of Olympic fans tearing themselves away from the events for a two-hour ferry ride to a place where absolutely nothing ever happens except for cut-throat lawn bowling and the occasional old gummer driving through the front of a store window.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of winter sports unless viewed on TV in the warmth of my living room - but I'd sure love to see a Fedora crew get-together in Vancouver. Count me in if it happens!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21