1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

Vancouver (Canada) Contingent: Share Your Olymic Trials

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by scotrace, Feb 12, 2009.

1. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

What is changing as preparations are made? What are you seeing? What are you hearing? Has it impacted your life yet? Is it an economic boon or a money pit?

Looking forward to it? Dreading? Any chance a Fedora Lounge group might do a trip?

2. Warbaby

Warbaby One Too Many

Out here on Vancouver Island nobody seems to paying much attention to the coming Olympics. Of course, the local small-time politicos are touting it as a boon to commerce, but I can't see a whole lot of Olympic fans tearing themselves away from the events for a two-hour ferry ride to a place where absolutely nothing ever happens except for cut-throat lawn bowling and the occasional old gummer driving through the front of a store window.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of winter sports unless viewed on TV in the warmth of my living room - but I'd sure love to see a Fedora crew get-together in Vancouver. Count me in if it happens!