Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson C2RN “Renegade” thoughts? Any owners here?

Curious about the above named Vanson. Looks like a lengthened version of the C2 stripped of the belt and epaulettes. I like it and the price is very reasonable. I’m curious about the leather. It’s described and “deer tanned cow”

https://vansonleathers.com/mens-lea...-style-soft-deer-tanned-leather-jacket-C.html

What the hell does that even mean? I’d be curious to hear from any owners as to what the hide feels like. To me it looks a bit like the fierenze, which I’m not very keen on. I do like the style quite a bit though....

anybody ever have one of these guys?
C909AC8E-BE00-41BE-80D8-1D89FC232F13.jpeg

I did. I don’t know if I’d pay the extra 2 and change for them to swap the liner and emboss their brand into it though. Straight from the horses mouth seems every bit as good, unless I missed something in the butterworth jacket.

Curious about the hide and how they fit. If I recall the C2 is a little roomier in the gut and lacks the laces like the E has, to cinch it in...

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Nice one! Not sure how I ever missed this on Vanson's site. Leather also looks nice than the Firenze. Deer tanned cow...kind of looks like the leather on my vanson riding gloves but I doubt its the same. Id gamble with it, just make sure you buy a size 42 in case you need to flip ;).

The price would jump drastically, but I think this model in Octagon would be amazing. Hmm, maybe I should change my current custom Colorado order...

Psant25

One Too Many
I did. I don’t know if I’d pay the extra 2 and change for them to swap the liner and emboss their brand into it though. Straight from the horses mouth seems every bit as good, unless I missed something in the butterworth jacket.

Curious about the hide and how they fit. If I recall the C2 is a little roomier in the gut and lacks the laces like the E has, to cinch it in...
Yeah i was gonna say that even in the butterscotch listing talks about roomy hem or something. You like em pretty tapered I would consider that. Prlly easily fixed with an alteration but then price goes up and up.

Nice but I love Rock and Roll so...

Seriously, though, looks like the same kind of deer 5* offers. XD Heavily printed cow. I dunno, I wouldn't be super happy with that one. In another leather, sure.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
This is a timely post. I almost mentioned this in your BL WTB buy post. I've been searching for a subdued crosszip myself (no epaulets or belt). I love the Commando but don't want to be pay the premium it commands. I stumbled upon the Renegade on Vanson's site and searched for info here, but couldnt find much. Found a couple old classified ads, but no review. Still, the 15% discount plus the joy I received from my Model B led me to place an order with Constantine directly in early January. Paid half up front, with remainder due on completion. Should have it by April.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
@ton312 if it helps your decision-making, these are the measurements Constantine sent me. I went with a 42:
"The size 42 measures 46.5'' around the chest ( 23.25'' pit to pit).

Chest 46.5''
Across Shoulders : 19.00''
Sleeve Length : 25.37''
Length Front : 22.63'' (CF measured from the base of the collar down the bottom hem)
Length Back: 26.50'' (CB same as above but measured from the center base of collar back down to the bottom hem)"

For the price, with current discount, this jacket doesn't seem to have a competitor for a simple cross-zip.

@ton312 if it helps your decision-making, these are the measurements Constantine sent me. I went with a 42:
"The size 42 measures 46.5'' around the chest ( 23.25'' pit to pit).

Chest 46.5''
Across Shoulders : 19.00''
Sleeve Length : 25.37''
Length Front : 22.63'' (CF measured from the base of the collar down the bottom hem)
Length Back: 26.50'' (CB same as above but measured from the center base of collar back down to the bottom hem)"

For the price, with current discount, this jacket doesn't seem to have a competitor for a simple cross-zip.
Yeah I agree! Numbers look pretty good in a 42” too. Trying to decide how biker I want to go. I have a feeling I know where I’m headed.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
If I do go this route I think I’ll ask that the coin pocket and collar/lapel snaps be removed. Bare bones.
Funny, I had the same exact thought but then you enter custom territory/cost and I just didnt feel strongly enough to make those changes. Hope i don’t regret that decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112