Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Chopper for Sale

Hebgen

New in Town
image2.jpeg image1.jpeg
Hello Everyone,

I'm new member and I found out about this cool forum from Carrie at Thurston Bros. I bought a Vanson Chopper from them and have decided after a couple of months that it's just a bit too small! So rather than "deal" with a small jacket that I can only wear tee-shirts with I decided to sell it and get a larger size.

Here are the details and I'll add more as question come up.
Vanson Chopper
Size Medium
Gray Camo lining
Competition weight black leather
Bought new in April 2016 from Thurston Bros. and here's a link to their website with the camo version:

www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock/products/vanson-chopper-with-camo-lining

I'm asking $725 firm and I'll ship for free to anywhere in the continental USA. This is a damn fine nearly new and awesomely sturdy jacket. I've worn it probably 20-25 times but that is just barely starting to break it in.

I have a measured chest (with a tee-shirt and dress shirt on) of about 45" and as you can see I can get it zipped etc. I think if you have a measured chest of 40-43" with your shirt on this jacket will fit very nicely.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It might be worth taking out a tape measure and providing some measurements. Pit to put, shoulder, back length and sleeve length will give people a much better idea if it's the size they are after.

Hebgen

New in Town
Good call...

Pit to pit: ~21.75"
Back length: ~26.5"
Sleeve along outside: ~25.5"
shoulder across the top: ~19.5"

I hope that helps

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 54926 View attachment 54927
Hello Everyone,

I'm new member and I found out about this cool forum from Carrie at Thurston Bros. I bought a Vanson Chopper from them and have decided after a couple of months that it's just a bit too small! So rather than "deal" with a small jacket that I can only wear tee-shirts with I decided to sell it and get a larger size.

Here are the details and I'll add more as question come up.
Vanson Chopper
Size Medium
Gray Camo lining
Competition weight black leather
Bought new in April 2016 from Thurston Bros. and here's a link to their website with the camo version:

www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock/products/vanson-chopper-with-camo-lining

I'm asking $725 firm and I'll ship for free to anywhere in the continental USA. This is a damn fine nearly new and awesomely sturdy jacket. I've worn it probably 20-25 times but that is just barely starting to break it in.

I have a measured chest (with a tee-shirt and dress shirt on) of about 45" and as you can see I can get it zipped etc. I think if you have a measured chest of 40-43" with your shirt on this jacket will fit very nicely.
Get the larger size first, hopefully with a return policy, then decide. It may well be the next larger will be too big. It sucks to be stuck between sizes, but it sucks worse to find out after buying two jackets at full price and selling the better fit of the two.

Hebgen

New in Town
I hear ya... I really thought the medium was the right size. I'm selling this one and hoping to order a custom from Vanson in the near future... but first things first, I need to sell this one in order to rationalize the purchase of another! I've already spoken with Vanson about trying a large and then deciding if that's the right size or if I need a custom size.

The jacket is phenomenal and I love it, I just need a little more room.

Hebgen

New in Town
Sleeve image.jpeg

Shoulder
image.jpeg

Back
image.jpeg

Pit to pit
image.jpeg Treeman, unless I'm measuring wrong... It's just shy of 26.5"

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Guess your rite............that lower back protection adds an inch or so...........cool jacket!!

Hebgen

New in Town
image.jpeg Adding a picture, since it occurred to me that it would be nice for a potential buyer to get the original leather tag and label. So here it is, it has the jacket serial number on the leather tab.

Hebgen

New in Town
This is bump AND just wanted to know if there were any questions I can answer :)

I'd love to sell this on the board here and not resort to eBay, so if you've been considering a chopper (and medium is your size) then this is a practically new jacket with 99% NEW for $125 bucks less!

Hebgen

New in Town
Is the lining the same weight as the standard quilted red lining?

No, it was a liner used by Thurston Bros. it's a gray camo cloth. Not quilted... Which I think is better since you can wear it when it's a bit warm and layer when it's cold.

Personally I'd always prefer a thin liner not an insulated liner. But I live in a pretty hot climate in the summer.

Hebgen

New in Town
Just a wee bump in the night... or day. Depending on your worldly location.

If you've ever wanted a Vanson Chopper Jacket (and lets be honest, who HASN'T) this is a great deal on a practically new AND you don't have to wait until January to get one made for you ;)

Hebgen

New in Town
The Jacket is on eBay currently... but to avoid the evils of eBay fees it's also still for sale here and at a lower price.

NEW Fedora Lounge price is $660.00 shipped to CONUS.

Get yourself a nice Chopper Jacket for the autumn and help ME get a custom sized/spec'd Chopper on order ASAP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner