Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson model E

So33

One of the Regulars
image.jpeg
Throwing in my Vanson E into the mix. Just put on the balance beam scale in the bathroom, a little over 9.5 pounds without the belt. This has the quilted liner. Size 44. It's my go to jacket on rides below 55 degrees

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
9,5lbs, sweet mother of christ. Looks amazing on you, very nicely broken in!

I'm currently eyeing the Model C as alternative to the E, mostly because I don't like the side laces on the E. I understand the C is shorter, but I'm not the tallest guy myself, so length may work for me.. curious about sizing though.. @Guppy Didn't you catch that vtg Model C off eBay a while ago? How did you like it?

View attachment 158584 Throwing in my Vanson E into the mix. Just put on the balance beam scale in the bathroom, a little over 9.5 pounds without the belt. This has the quilted liner. Size 44. It's my go to jacket on rides below 55 degrees

This jacket is interesting. Seems a lot shorter than the standard and the zipper is ending much higher above the hem of the jacket which is something I've only seen on @ton312 gray jacket. Looks fantastic!

I already have a Branded CHP but this Vanson will probably blow it out of the water.

Y'know, can't get that jacket out of my mind. It's a perfect moto cross zip. If that Branded is anything like the one I had - and from the photos it seems to be even nicer - the E might not seem like much of an upgrade to you.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
9,5lbs, sweet mother of christ. Looks amazing on you, very nicely broken in!

I'm currently eyeing the Model C as alternative to the E, mostly because I don't like the side laces on the E. I understand the C is shorter, but I'm not the tallest guy myself, so length may work for me.. curious about sizing though.. @Guppy Didn't you catch that vtg Model C off eBay a while ago? How did you like it?
I did pick up a Vanson C2. It fits great, and looks great. I really like it. If you don't want side laces, it's a good choice.

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
So the Model E arrived a couple days ago and I've been really enjoying it.

It's a different beast than I was expecting going by Vanson's reputation. The leather is very soft everywhere apart from the lower back panel that is still as stiff as a board. I haven't handled Vanson comp weight before so cant really compare it but it doesn't seem as beastly as some accounts. This could be of similar stock to Ton's lighter weight 90's Vanson previously featured in the thread. The fit is really good, definitely a trim jacket but the way that it's constructed gives a fair bit of extra room if you need it.

The fit combined with the broken in leather make it extremely comfortable to wear and the sheepskin collar is just excellent.

vanson3.PNG
vanson2.PNG
vanson.PNG

It's a different beast than I was expecting going by Vanson's reputation. The leather is very soft everywhere apart from the lower back panel that is still as stiff as a board. I haven't handled Vanson comp weight before so cant really compare it but it doesn't seem as beastly as some accounts. This could be of similar stock to Ton's lighter weight 90's Vanson previously featured in the thread. The fit is really good, definitely a trim jacket but the way that it's constructed gives a fair bit of extra room if you need it.

The fit combined with the broken in leather make it extremely comfortable to wear and the sheepskin collar is just excellent.

View attachment 159287 View attachment 159288 View attachment 159289
Beautiful jacket and a perfect fit! Man it brings a smile to my face every time this thread gets bumped. Well done!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 159287 View attachment 159288 View attachment 159289

Great fit- Congrats!

Plumbline

One Too Many
Looks great .... it is a late 90’s jacket.

Glad it’s found a new home ... wear it hard and wear it well

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
@Wdawg - nice! fit is perfect for you.

You purchased it second hand? What's the tagged size and the pit to pit (zipped up)?

Yeah eBay buy, but belonged to Plumbline apparently. Small world when it comes to leather jackets. His measurement of 21.5-22" pit to pit is correct, with the sides cinched all the way in.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
Yeah eBay buy, but belonged to Plumbline apparently. Small world when it comes to leather jackets. His measurement of 21.5-22" pit to pit is correct, with the sides cinched all the way in.

Thanks - but what’s the tag size for it so I can use your measurements for reference? (I have one on order)

b1lf

One of the Regulars
Thanks. Even though this was an older model, every single post I've seen on here suggests I should likely bump my size 40 to a 42.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
I called Vanson last week to confirm the pit to pit on a new Size 40: they said 23". Which should be great.

I have 2 to 3 weeks left until my Model E is finished. Brutal wait.... but not as long as the 96 days I waited for my horsehide White's Bounty Hunters I just received last Friday! (they had to make a second pair from scratch after some sizing issues; not their fault)

Shown here with my new belt. Black & brass zen is on point, haha..........
(it was nighttime when I unboxed these so apologies for the shitty lighting)

unboxed by B1LF, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy