Vanson x Leftfield Commando Jacket Size M, Limited edition # 1 of 20 - 3kg

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Captain Sensible, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

How much will postage be to the USA?

Thank you!

2. Wdawg

Wdawg Familiar Face

Pretty close. Chest and sleeves look spot on but the shoulders could be a little wide and I haven't had a cross zip as long as that in the front.

3. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible One of the Regulars

Can you PM me the zip code?

tweedydon likes this.
  4. Captain Sensible

Turns out postage is not as expensive as I thought, somewhere £30-50 to the US fully insured/tracked via UPS

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  5. tweedydon

tweedydon Call Me a Cab

I've had one of these pass through my hands--they're FANTASTIC jackets, and this is a great deal! :)

6. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I think the sizing of the style makes it suitable only for a very small group of men. The 27" body length are hard to pull off for anyone shorter than 6 feet. If I were 6'1" and a 42 chest, I would jump at this at once! However I am only 5'9" and a crosszip longer than 24", 25" tops backlength just looks wrong on me.

Bennarion and Monitor like this.
  8. Captain Sensible

I reckon if you are using the 2 front zips to open the hem while sitting the length will ride up through creasing with wear.

9. b1lf

b1lf One of the Regulars

Which leather is this exactly? Checking out the Left Field website... it states:

So... it's not Vanson's comp weight, it's the X150, correct?

I'm 5'11" with a "long" torso and this would probably work for me.
    I just got a custom Model E in X150 (very similar to this jacket) - I probably should have added 1/2" to 1" on the body length since it was custom made anyways... it's 25.5"-26". It works for me; but 27" inches is a good length for casual wear on someone 5'11" - 6'2"+ IMO.

10. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

The Commando is a great jacket. LF's website confused me too. I spoke with Vanson and was told X-150. I like it quite a bit.

11. b1lf

b1lf One of the Regulars

Got it. Not sure why Left Field just didn't say... Vanson X-150 leather.

Side note: I generally despise chromexel leather - I've had it on boots and other goods. It scratches and wears WAY too easily IMO. That said, the X150 leather is awesome and I would not describe it as chromexcel at all. I really like it compared to Vanson's latest competition weight - though their slightly older competition weight is probably my favorite I've ever owned. The X150 was a great choice since it offers a variety in my Model E, than my ~3 year old competition weight Model B.

I just received it 1-2 weeks ago; it's still hot in LA so I have yet to really wear the jacket. Will report back to the outwear section with a review once I get a few weeks of consistent wear with the jacket.

12. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

Why do you say this about the X-150? I am not a fan of chromexcel either. What makes this different? Is it also dyed all the way through? Some leathers are both... Or so I believe I have seen leather advertised as both chomexcel and dye through.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  13. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

"First, the leather is chrome tanned, which creates a strong and durable leather that can be dyed and will maintain its colour. Then, it’s drum dyed meaning the leather is tumbled for up to six hours in a giant oak drum with a mixture of oils, dyes and hot water. This impregnates and nourishes the leather making it even stronger and more supple."

That sounds like chromexcel and dye through leather, not just a topcoat?

14. Captain Sensible

JMax likes this.
  15. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

16. Captain Sensible

SOLD

JMax and Kuro like this.
  17. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

My loss. Timing was bad. Good luck to the new owner!