Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegan Vintage Beauty

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
Hello, Just out of interest are there any other Vintage Vegans here at the Fedora Lounge?

If so what vegan friendly Beauty products do you use?

Some of my favorite brands are:
BWC - Beauty Without Cruelty, I use the liquid eyeliner, face powder, eyeshadows, jojoba Lipgloss pen and some of their lipsticks.

Lush - OH how I spend too much money here, I think ive tried almost all of their Vegan products, but by far my favorites are Let Them Eat Cake Lip Balm, Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, Aqua Marina Cleanser and Snow Fairy. I use Snow Fairy for all sorts of things, bubble bath, shower gel, shampoo, shaving gel, I even used it on holiday to wash my undies :D

B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful - Lush's sister company, they are quite expensive but they do have some lovely products, they have a new lip stain which is very very red, and awesome and it stays on all day, i have to use a cleanser to get it off :) Used on its own it has a lovely matte finish, but I dab on a bit of lip balm for a subtle moistness or a bit of the BWC gloss for super red shiny lips.

Origins - again expensive but worth it, very high quality products.

Yaoh - Nice lip balms

and a Superdrug (for uk shoppers) line called Natural High - they have a peach facial scrub, a cream cleanser, a face wash, face wipes and a couple of face creams that are all vegan friendly and they are Cheap!!

Barry M - Have some Vegan products, I use their intense eyeline pen and its great, also they have lots of great nail polish shades.

Urban Decay - Also have lots of vegan friendly products, as do their sister company Hard Candy.

Hope this list is useful, for any vegans or people who want to have beauty without the animal cruelty :)

Brooksie

One Too Many
I used to work for a company by the name of von Natur that has lots of vegan options for make-up plus it is cruelty free - they also have a complete vegan skin care line too. I have found that I can not use any other products everything else makes me break out. www.vonnatur.com.

Brooksie

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
I know this may sound a little ignorant, but what is a vegan? Is it something similar to a vegetarian?
Sarah

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The true sense of the word is not to consume or in most respects use any product or substance that is from or made by an animal. Leather, wool, silk, gelatin, honey, etc.

LD

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
newtovintage said:
I know this may sound a little ignorant, but what is a vegan? Is it something similar to a vegetarian?
Sarah

Hi :)

Yes it is similar to Vegetarian in that Vegans do not eat Meat, fish or insects, but Vegans also do not consume or use ANY animal products, so Dairy, eggs, Honey, Wool, Leather, Silk, Lanolin, food colorings from animals and insects, and things like shellac etc.

I think Ive about covered it, although here is a link to the Vegan Society FAQ section on their website, I think they answer it better than me :)

http://www.vegansociety.com/newsroom/index.php?/plugin/faqs

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
Brooksie said:
I used to work for a company by the name of von Natur that has lots of vegan options for make-up plus it is cruelty free - they also have a complete vegan skin care line too. I have found that I can not use any other products everything else makes me break out. www.vonnatur.com.

Brooksie

Ive never heard of that company before, they look great Thank you :)

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
Anachronism said:
thank you for this thread vegan kitty! :)
I'm not vegan, but I am vegetarian and it's nice to see this info.

HI :)

You are very Welcome, I thought it would be useful because lots of people, vegan or not often chose not to use a product if 1) it has been tested on animals and 2) if has animal ingredients in it. Im guessing number 1 is probably the most common one though.

Plus I wanted to see if there were any other Veggies lurking around on here :D

Adele

One of the Regulars
A thank you from me as well - I've actually been trying to find cruelty-free products to use (as it is getting to that time again where I need to purchase new cosmetics).

I already purchased a lip gloss from Zuzu Luxe, and thus far, no complaints. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
A lot of the higher end cosmetics companies don't test on animals. Also, they don't state it on their packaging, but Revlon also doesn't test on animals. When I decided to make the change, I had to stop using my favorite Max Factor mascara but luckily am very happy with the Revlon replacement I chose instead.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
KittyT said:
A lot of the higher end cosmetics companies don't test on animals. Also, they don't state it on their packaging, but Revlon also doesn't test on animals. When I decided to make the change, I had to stop using my favorite Max Factor mascara but luckily am very happy with the Revlon replacement I chose instead.

Yes, and Revlon was one of the first big names in the industry not to do animal testing. While I don't buy vegan cosmetics, I do try and be more responsible in my purchases and stay away from companies that test on animals (the Caring Consumer link you posted earlier is a great guide). If you use vegan cosmetics, I'd only suggest to use your nose and eyes on your products, and store them out of sunlight and moist areas like the bathroom, as they don't have preservatives and can "turn" before other cosmetics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21