Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ventilation Grommets

Hoth206

New in Town
First post, long time lurker.

In looking thru old posts (via the search function) I've seen folks discuss adding vent grommets to their hats. My question is: is there a particular preferred method for this and possibly a source for the grommets?

I've worn hats for a while (mostly westerns), but have recently bought a modern stetson "straw fedora", which fits great and is pretty comfortable. It does not, however, have any type of ventilation and the Houston humidity & heat are killling me.

I've got old western straws (now yard mowing hats) that I can experiment on, but I'd like to pursue adding some vents to this hat (in a tasteful way of course)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hoth206

New in Town
Thanks!

McMaster Carr...I've got one of their enormous catalogs sitting in my desk. Just when I think that something doesn't exist, McMaster Carr has it.

Thanks for the help, and I may have to pick up one of the ventilated $10 hats for bumming around the yard.

Thanks!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even McMaster Carr doesn't have the screen grommet or those
grommets with the little fan blades they used in the Span-Am war hats.
I want one or both of those...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum