Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1938 Black Wool Suit Coat SCOTT & CO Boston

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Would like to sell the new coat I just won on Ebay. Its great not a noticiable flaw, the lining in the sleeves are tatterd and can be fixed, or replaced. take a look at the origianal auctoin. all I want is what I paid or will trade for another jacket fropm the 40's. I'm about a 46r
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8352383775&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

1938coat.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Does it fit you? Reason I ask is because I wear a 46S. Looks like to shorten the sleeves, it would have to be done from the shoulder end, so as not to mess up that nice cuff.

Brad

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Yes it does fit, I just don't like the cut, Its a great jacket, and I thought the sleeve would be too long for me also, but it falls perfectly to my wrist bone.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My sleeves are 22-1/2". Stubby things, really. I wonder how much trouble it would be to shorten them at the shoulders?

Did you decide if it was meant to be worn as some sort of formal coat?

I'm interested, but if others have the money available, sell it to them. I don't think I could pull the money together until next month at this time.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart