Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage "Bootlegger" on eBay

Edward

Bartender
Lovely! Interesting to see the button cuffs.... I actually special ordered those on my Bootlegger purely because I preferred the look of them.

D

Deleted member 16736

I have a Johnson Leather custom repro jacket that is nearly identical except mine is made from Black Steer and has no yoke with a bi-swing. This jacket is very nice and in excellent condition for its age.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's nice, especially the back. But looking at that leather, it sure looks like cow or steer, not horse.
And the price clearly includes a whole tub of Pecard's or equivalent. They coulda gone
lighter on the leather lotion.

Edward

Bartender
Stunning it certainly is! wonderful patina, I thought those looked like stud cuffs!

D

Quite right - I missed the detail shots at the bottom. Fastening aside, though, it's the same overall style - as distinct from the standard cuffs on the Aero pattern, which are the same as the Fifties Halfbelt, which I believe they refer to as "engineer's cuffs".

Dunno, given the age, not so bad. I wouldn't mind getting that replicated. An awesome design, and not seen every day.

Very similar to my Aero Bootlegger. The pockets on the front are arrange slightly differently - the breast pocket is much higher up on my Bootlegger, and the handwarmers are at a much steeper angle, not veering toward the horizontal as much as these. The big difference, though, is the back, which doesn't have that mid-pleat - the back of this is much more like the Aero Pioneer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy