Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Buttons Yay!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Todays theme:

IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0537.jpg
IMG_0410.jpg

Im adding to my men smoking on button cards collection.

IMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0787.jpg

Always on the look out!

LD

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
VB's Buttons of the Day: Rhinestone Buttons!

These are my favorite type of button. I have plenty more rhinestone buttons, but I need to find out where they are.

buttons_rhinestone1.JPG

buttons_rhinestone2.JPG

buttons_rhinestone3.JPG

buttons_rhinestone4.JPG

buttons_rhinestone5.JPG

buttons_rhinestone6.JPG

buttons_rhinestone7.JPG

buttons_rhinestone8.JPG

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Am drooling over all these fabulous buttons. VB, I adore rhinestone buttons as well.. Anything rhinestone really. I like to find broken pieces of Rhinestone Jewelry and I make them into Hair Jewelry (as I call it). If I had RB, I would probably hoard them all. LOL! ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today's theme: Interesting shapes for pearl buttons.

The blue inset one is so strange to me. Ive never seen one with two different pearl colors inlaid (or rather glued) into one another.

IMG_1000.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0944.jpg

Yay buttons!

LD

lady eel

New in Town
kind-of buttons

I have tins and tins of buttons, but don't sew enough, they've piled up and I now stop looking for them.
But, I recently scored these, and found out through the wonderful, knowledgeable people over at the Vintage Fashion Guild (VFG) that they are cloak clasps and most date from Victorian era.
they have double metal loops on the back, there are also some large buttons pictured, and sets as well

buttons.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, great score! Did you buy them on a webstore? What are you going to do with them? Some of the broken ones look like they would make fantastic watch fobs for a man.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Now that I have moved, and unpacked my stuff, I get to post the items that I had packed first.
I got this full box of buttons for $5.

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Yay buttons!

LD

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
lady eel said:
I have tins and tins of buttons, but don't sew enough, they've piled up and I now stop looking for them.
But, I recently scored these, and found out through the wonderful, knowledgeable people over at the Vintage Fashion Guild (VFG) that they are cloak clasps and most date from Victorian era.
they have double metal loops on the back, there are also some large buttons pictured, and sets as well

buttons.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

WHERE did you find those?!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
New buttons!

e689_12.JPG

I got these for less than $20, which shows how people are not spending, because moderately a box this size (80+ cards) would easily go for $50-$70.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive got the new crop of buttons :)

IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg

This one had this USCO tag on the back. I tried to do some googlin' on it, but couldnt find much. Anyone know of a good place to look?

IMG_1338.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

Yay buttons!

LD

Elaina

One Too Many
Those cloak clasps are to die for. I've been looking for one for ages. Beautiful!

I have buttons, but most of mine aren't vintage, and the ones that are date from the 60s-70s era. Nothing to really see, since they're just normal boring buttons and none on cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner