Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE CAPS PHOTO GALLERY

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
cricket19262.jpg
cricket19263.jpg

cricket19264.jpg
cricket1926.jpg

cricket1929.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I enjoy the pictures of your fine vintage caps gentlemen. If I may ask you blokes a question; is there a noticeable difference between vintage pre 1930 caps and modern well-made caps? For reference felt hats have generally decreased in build quality from the late 50s to the present mass-produced felt hat. As much as I would like to join your group at this point cannot afford another collection habit but I do like this thread thank you Marc.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

I would like to add a pic complementary to Dinerman's last posting, above, which I think could be interesting.

I have acquired the first three caps he has shown in that posting, and I have taken a photograph showing all three from above, for you to appreciate the crown dimension differences. The tan one is size 6 7/8, and the other two, 6 3/4. The tan cap (above right) is a little larger than the one at its side (above right), although the one size diference between them could account for some in this case. More remarkable is that the cap placed below is noticeably smaller, although the same size as that above left.

DSC_0757bb.jpg

(BTW, as an unrelated detail, the tan cap is linen, the other two seem to be a lightweight wool or wool mix material).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Lefty...is there any chance for a blowup (or transcription) of the text for the ad showing the very Continental gunner? Can't make it out at all....

Thanks for the images, one way or the other!

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Sorry Skeet, but all of my images are poached from the web (mainly ebay), and I post the biggest version I can. What you see is all I've got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou