Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE CAPS PHOTO GALLERY

mike

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:

Mike, it's probably less than 30 years old.

I can believe it, although I have never seen that type of weave in a modern cap. I'm looking for see how it fits. I hope it's roomy and can sell the golden era vibe. :)

mike

Call Me a Cab
Picture2-1.png

Picture3-1.png

Picture4-1.png

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
There's been a lot of cap talk lately, so we might as well get this thread back to the top.

Can anyone give me a date for this one?

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0145-1.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Daan

Vendor
Basque Beret Caps

a+one+off+sales+001.JPG

Although my prime interest goes to the Beret Basque, I have got a few caps in my collection. They are really crossover Basque berets, made in the 1940's or 50's, most likely by Pierre Laulhere in Nay, in the French Bearn. They are typical Basque berets, with a peak attached, but also with a txortena (the little "fuse" or "wick" in the center). The pieces in my collection come from the storage of an old NY hatter and so far, I have been unable to find out any more about these caps/berets (would love to hear from you if you know more details!).
Prive%20Collection%20012.jpg

Here's my newest one. Probably from the 50s, but maybe earlier. Nice brown/cream Donegal-type tweed fabric.

HerringboneBakerboy.jpg

Interior. The sweatband is made of the same material as the tape strips and the liner top. If it was leather I would have no doubt that this was a 1930s hat, but with this satin sweatband, it gives me doubts.

HerringboneBakerboy2.jpg

bk

Last edited:
This one isn't new to me; I've had it for a couple of years. Got it in one of the vintage stores here in London. A basic 8-panel American style cap. Maybe 40s vintage or a bit younger. Not sure. Crown measures about 11" diameter; on the larger side of average for a size 7 cap.

Barrymore brand. "Canada's Best Cap". Standard nipple snap at the bill.

BarrymoreCap1.jpg

BarrymoreCap2.jpg

BarrymoreCap3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou