Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Looks good at night, too!

1393190_10151938976674330_1070907353_n.jpg

Filler up with Ethyl! Don't forget the windows and tires.

So, as most of you know, I purchased a '47 Olds recently.

When I bought it, the previous owner wanted to upgrade the brakes.

His idea of this was to remove the old master cylinder, throw it away, and not replace it.

I have no idea what the original looked like, how it went in, etc.

I bought the one that is supposed to be the direct replacement, but I have two brake lines and only one brake line fitting on the master cylinder itself.

Can anybody help me out here?

So, as most of you know, I purchased a '47 Olds recently.

When I bought it, the previous owner wanted to upgrade the brakes.

His idea of this was to remove the old master cylinder, throw it away, and not replace it.

I have no idea what the original looked like, how it went in, etc.

I bought the one that is supposed to be the direct replacement, but I have two brake lines and only one brake line fitting on the master cylinder itself.

Can anybody help me out here?

You need one of these:
$(KGrHqVHJFIFEFpponowBRGRzywuJg~~60_3.JPG

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got a shop manual for my 1948 Plymouth. It wasn't that costly and has been a valuable resource for the car. I would highly recommend anyone who has an older model car to get a shop manual for their car. It will more than pay for itself.

3fingers

One Too Many
Tom, that very manual is on Epay right now for around $24.00. Your time is worth more than that, and if you decide you don't want to keep the manual after you sell the car, you can sell it again.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
"If you need a tool, and don't buy it, you will soon find you have paid for it, and don't have it." - Henry Ford

I buy a manual for everything. I even bought one ($40!!) for my $750 Rambler. I'm not that good a mechanic even when I have one, let alone trying to fly by the seat of my pants.

Well, the problem was what I thought it was. I just went to Timmy for a second opinion. He's gonna help me out on the project and all will be well. You all know how many cars I go through. I'll go broke buying manuals for them all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner