Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Cut Fair Isle Sweater Vests

Hap Hapablap

One of the Regulars
I am sure there has been a lot of talk about Fair Isle Sweaters around here, but I am curious if anyone has come across a modern maker who implements those great Golden Age details: mainly the shorter length, the exaggerated "waist band", and the lower-cut v-neck. I find the typical modern sweater vests in general (say, from Brooks Bros., etc.) to be too long, too loose and the neck cut too high. They work well without a tie, but basically come right up to the knot when a tie is worn.

Vintage, of course, seems to be the best option. But I am weary of buying clothes on-line, without being able to try them on. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I've just worn the fair isle sweater that I got from Darcy. In general I'm not thrilled with it. The V-neck is cut too high to show any of the tie and the arm holes are cut too small, the shirt sleeves are bunched.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I've changed my mind, again, about the Darcy's fair isle sweater vest. I wore it yesterday and was really happy about the fit. It may be that I wore a different shirt or was in a different frame of mind, but I liked the look so much that ordered another this morning.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Land's End....
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-lambswool-fairisle-button-sweater-vest~246241_-1.html
spacer.gif

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks Rudie and FFF, ha! I was half telling myself Thank the Gods I can't get them, I can't splurge! But thanks for proving me wrong. ;) I am in the market for a nice fairisle. Hoping to get a nice deal like yours flat top! Either that, or it's a quest for 'a holy grail' one to invest in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran