Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage-inspired bed sheets

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Months back, I was shopping for bed sheets at Marshalls, when I came across a line on sale there that had these really cute atomic print, fine cotton bed sheets. Unfortunately, none of them were in the bed size I was looking for, so I settled with with a cute gingham print.

However, I'm moving into a new house very soon where I will probably be sleeping on a twin-size mattress. I looked all over the stores in my city that might have those sheets, but to no avail! I looked on the internet, Ebay included, and found nothing. Does anyone know of a brand similar to what I am looking for?

Thanks...

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer

Shearer

Practically Family
Maybe it's TOO vintage, but I've been told my bed sheets look like they came out of a bordello in the wild west lol

They were actually Tommy Hilfiger sateen sheets in a dark wine red colour. I can't find them online at the moment, but the colour was something like the ruby ones shown here.

They have a flowery toile print on them. My bedroom furniture has a slightly Asian art deco feel to it with a dark cherry finish, so I wanted something dramatic. Not my usual 50s cheesiness ;)

Also, you might want to check out the ads in the back of BUST magazine. I know I've seen something there for retro linens in the past.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Check out the Thomas O'Brien collection at Target, he does some really interesting twists on mid century things.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Of course, if you want authentic vintage sheets, you'd have to go with pure white muslin or percale. The new fangled printed bed linens are totally an invention of modern times.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And don't forget that they should be flat sheets (not the "fitted" sheets of today). Oh yeah, also don't forget to iron them.

My grandmother always ironed the bed sheets in her home. There sure isn't anything like sleeping in a new-made bed with ironed sheets.

Dagwood

Practically Family
I found some good stuff by using the search term "vintage bedlinens." For example, I found this website which looks like it might have good vintage sheets (I've never purchased from this store). Good luck in your search.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
UPDATE:

Target prevails once again! I checked their website and didn't find anything I liked, but I stopped by their store, and oh my goodness...it was a bonanza of vintage-inspired prints. Target's "MODERN HOME" sub-brand had many sets that I liked. The bed sets are very reasonably priced, but I actually ended up purchasing an on-sale Nick & Nora set that I couldn't resist -- white sheets with cherries, pies and bluebirds! I'm a satisfied customer.

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
gluegungeisha said:
UPDATE:

Target prevails once again! I checked their website and didn't find anything I liked, but I stopped by their store, and oh my goodness...it was a bonanza of vintage-inspired prints. Target's "MODERN HOME" sub-brand had many sets that I liked. The bed sets are very reasonably priced, but I actually ended up purchasing an on-sale Nick & Nora set that I couldn't resist -- white sheets with cherries, pies and bluebirds! I'm a satisfied customer.

Ohhhhh... love Nick adn Nora. I have some PJs in a hawiian print. Also, of course, I had to get the sock monkey robe to go with my sock monkey kids room.

Dixiedaisey

New in Town
I have the Nick and Nora jammie pants in that print. I wanted the sheets so badly but hubby refused to sleep on cherries, pies, and bluebirds. Ah well. If they just happened to end up on the bed he really wouldn't complain right? Plus, they are on clearance at my Target right now. Hmmmmmm.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Also, at Macy's I saw a cute holiday vintage sheet set with little cabins and houses on it. It looked like flannel and reminded me of 50s boy's room decor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21