Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Shearer

Practically Family
My pleasure! I forgot to add the funniest part of my story. While I passed by the clothing section, a teensy old lady who was with her granddaughter (I'm guessing) picked up a slinky, drop waisted dress in the juniors section and proclaimed, "This looks just like what I wore in my Flapper days!"

lol It totally made my day!

BTW, the whole WalMart thing got me to wondering what Target might be up to, so I perused their online store. They have some cute skirts over there, too... a-lines, pleateds, pencils... I even saw some tweed in there!

lindylady

A-List Customer
Yeah, Target has definitely improved in the clothing section. Last summer, I managed to find a black drop-waist dress that was very reminiscent of the 20s. I was in Target today for a water filter and saw that their spring and summer lines were out. I think the colorful full skirts are cute!

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
I have just bought two of these dresses - one in white and one red. I have also got a top the same in red to go with jeans; here is the link and the pictures
There are some jeans that go to bigger sizes on the same site too - but I can't afford them too!
amk053x05.jpg

alm052x03.jpg

alm052x05.jpg

http://www.bonprixsecure.com/uk/bundle.htm?id=154295708210589071-0-45eb5212&bu=450198&pa=0

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Bon Prix

Oh yes, I forgot to post that I will have to hide them when they come as I still have a ban on spending!!! Naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have also got some M&S peep toe wedges on ebay which are just perfect to go with the above stuff! I was allowed them as they were £11 (incl postage) rather than £40! :p

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
a trip to the mall....

yesterday evening i went to the mall. i found a cute top in the juniors section of Macy's. the brand name is At Last. it's button-down, narrow black-and-white stripes, puffed short sleeves, and fitted. very vintage-y. it was $28, and it came in a xl, so it actually fit me! my camera is out of batteries or else i would take a picture to show you - i couldn't find it on the macy's website.

then we went to forever 21. i had been drooling over so much stuff on the website, but never mind! for starters, everything there runs REALLY SMALL. my 120-pound girlfriend was wearing a large in many of the items she tried on. second, the quality is really poor. if you buy something there, check it really well! so many items i saw were literally coming apart at the seams! one shirt she tried on was a loose-weave cotton, and it had a row of ruffles on either side of the button placket. the edge of the ruffle was raw - it hadn't been hemmed or anything! you could rub it between your fingers and it would start unraveling. for $23, i might add! so as cute as their stuff may be, be careful if you decide to buy it. $20 may seem like a good deal for a cute vintage-inspired top, but not if it's a single-serving item!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
Thanks for the greatsite!!:)

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Nannette Lepore on eLuxury, $335 (I can't afford it)
p11360589_ph_hero.jpg
It's nice to see such a vintage looking dress being made by a very modern designer. I actually have a repro dress that I got last year from www.reddressshoppe.com that is the same style, just a different fabric/design. But, I don't think they have it any longer:(

Daisy Buchanan

I know Forever21 doesn't have the highest quality clothing and I know that they run small. But I wanted to post some dresses, shoes and accessories that I came across on their site that have a vintage flare to them. If anything, some of the dresses might make good house dresses, especially in the summer. I don't like to wear shorts at all, on those hot summer days when I'm just hanging around the house it's so comfortable to throw on a lightweight cotton dress, and more practical than lounging around in PJ's. I know, quality is an issue, but the prices are quite low. I think they make a good alternative to a vintage house dress. They certainly are easier to find at the moment. Most of these dresses are under $25.00, I think there might just be one over that amount.
Of course these dresses are lovely dresses, I don't want to give the impression that they aren't fit for wearing out, for they are. I just know that the quality isn't so great, and you might want to keep them as dresses you "use" verses dresses you wear out on the town. If they fall apart at home, you don't have to worry so much as having them fall apart while you're out to dinner:eek:
I have one dress from them. It's exactly what I expected from a $23 dress. I've worn it a few times and it's still all together. As for sizing they do run small and short. The short thing is actually good for those of us in the 5 foot range:)
I've never bought their shoes, so I don't know about the quality. I'm assuming that like the clothes it isn't that great. But, you get what you pay for and this place is pretty inexpensive.
So, if you're in need of some lower price lounging clothes, this might be a good place to look.

accessories to follow

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I don´t remember if I posted that link before.... http://www.luckydiva.com I modelled a dress for her and it´s the only dress that I can wear without a bra and don´t have to be scared "things" will fall out of it. She also has a extremely cute sailoroutfit now that I want to get a hand on... I hope she has some left after my vacation...

Daisy Buchanan

RetroModelSari said:
I don´t remember if I posted that link before.... http://www.luckydiva.com I modelled a dress for her and it´s the only dress that I can wear without a bra and don´t have to be scared "things" will fall out of it. She also has a extremely cute sailoroutfit now that I want to get a hand on... I hope she has some left after my vacation...
Oh my! That sailor outfit is so cute!! I love that she makes a matching cap for it too. Funny though, when I first went to the site it was all in some funny language! :p :D (hehe)

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
They came!

The dresses and the top arrived the other day and look fine. I can't quite get my wide leg jeans (that I found in the back of my wardrobe) done up yet to go with the top :mad: !!!! Getting ready for holiday in May! Love the pictures of the other dresses posted :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Target has a bunch of really cute dresses that are vintage-inspired:

TargetDress5.jpg

TargetDress4.jpg

TargetDress3.jpg

TargetDress2.jpg

TargetDress1.jpg

Lots of skirts...too many to post pictures of! Pair one of these with some of the fabulous shoes that have been posted, and you'll look smashing!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Kim, they have one simialiar to the 3rd pick at wal-mart. I was looking at it, but it felt awfully itchy. If memory serves me correctly, it was either all linen or mostly linen blend, but I don't recall ever seeing any other linen as itchy as that dresss was. Got me quite sad.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I think the one at Target is cotton...I do know for sure it was very soft and light weight...perfect for those hot summer days! When I first saw it, I thought it might have been like the WalMart dress you described, but it was quite nice!

lindylady

A-List Customer
I have the first dress and the third one, both purchased for about $27 each at Target. I was satisfied with the quality of both. The cottom is substantial enough to hold up during the summer months, plus the material isn't skimpy. I'm about six feet and the dresses reached past my knees. If you just want a nice, simple, vintage-looking dress, you can't argue with the price of these!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass