Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
KatieD said:
In the 40s and 50s cup sizes only went up to a D cup. I think, because bras weren't wired then that the cup sizes could fit more people. Take the Rago corselette for example which is a soft cup - I've fitted girls up to a G cup in one of their D cups. I know it isn't ideal, but that's the way it was. The same thing with bullet bras, if you see a bargain on Ebay or somewhere which is a cup size smaller than you normally take it could well be worth the risk.

Katie

I think you posted this in the wrong thread Katie - but crikey, a G cup? I have wanted that particular RAGO Corselette for ages. I will e-mail you!

katiepickle

New in Town
Jewelry made of Vintage buttons

The Venerable Bead

This site has a ton of jewelry made of bakelite buttons and beads. Bracelets, brooches, earrings...very cute things. I have a bracelet that I love from here. I think that you can request color schemes too, but I'm not sure.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
~landgirl~ said:
http://www.knittedpurls.co.uk/welcome.htm

Reproduction of knitwear
from 1930s, 40s and 50s.

Vintage patterns and vintage style wool.

Individually hand-knitted
and hand-finished.

Vibrant colours and textures attract
attention on stage and screen.

I'm in utter awe over this one! Someone who is knitting and selling vintage knitwear? All of those tiny needles! I can't imagine how long it must take for this wunderkind to create each item! Oof!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
A person in China making a lot of vintage inspired stuff and repros of Marilyn Monroe suits too! GReat feedback as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/TopRunway
Wow, that is a great link, thanks. I've always wanted a custom made suit or dress, or both:)

A few of the guys have used My Custom Tailor based in Singapore. They don't have so called vintage inspired suits, but they do have a lot of custom made suit options. Supposedly, if you send them a picture of a suit or a dress that you want, they will make it for you, and pretty fast. I'm not sure what this sort of project would cost, but, the patterns that they do have in their inventory are pretty decent price, considered that they are custom tailored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24