Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Amie

One of the Regulars
pBETJ1-9417250v275.jpg
Love this dress. I bought this one in burgundy years ago at a Betsey outlet.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I ordered a couple of dresses from Shabby Apple on the weekend - this one and this one. I will let you know how I get on!

Well, the first one was a lovely dress and a beautiful fit, but I have sent it back because the colour was not at all flattering to me. The second one I adore. Very comfortable, and the fit notes on the site are absolutely spot on, which is nice.

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
Amie, that first dress you posted is stunning.

I've been finding that one of the lines at Macy's typically has at least one cool vintagey shirtwaist dress per season. The brand is Alfani, which I think may be one of Macy's house brands. I have this dress:
Alicedress2.jpg

Last week I found a shirtwaist dress there with a full skirt, elbow-length sleeves, and a nice neckline...I can't find a picture online and my camera is broken, but it definitely has a vintage feel.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
^^^
The black one above I was wearing just last night during dance class. I can tell you that that skirt swings and twirls like no other and it looks great! I'll be doing a Jive pro-am (where an amateur - me, most definitely :), dances a routine with a pro - my teacher) in a couple of months, and with approval, I'll be wearing this for it!

The plaid version is definitely is on the top of my Want List!

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
I love the look of the Mode Merr stuff, but my waist-hip ratio is different enough from their sizing that none of the pencil skirts or more fitted dresses work on me. :( Even when I was 20 pounds lighter, it wasn't happening. That plaid dress, though...that I could probably do. Very nice.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I did have to alter the waistband a bit, tapering it as it gaped at the very top, but it was perfect after that. Pricey, definitely, but one of the favourite items in my wardrobe and I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of it.

While we're on it, I so wish they'd do that keyhole top in a full-length sleeve...

Does she ever run sales? (she asks, hopefully!)

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Well, took me about 0.2 seconds to follow your Pinup Parade link! No Flirt skirt, unfortunately, but it's an excellent idea to keep an eye on (or get on mailing lists) of stockists...

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I love the look of the Mode Merr stuff, but my waist-hip ratio is different enough from their sizing that none of the pencil skirts or more fitted dresses work on me. :( Even when I was 20 pounds lighter, it wasn't happening. That plaid dress, though...that I could probably do. Very nice.

You should look at the heartbreaker pencils, the Moder Merr fit me quite well but the bought a heart breaker pencil and it is way too big in the hips even thought it fits my waist and also made for much taller lady ( I am only 5'1") In fact I stupidly forgot about it then by the time I tried it and found it didn't work it was past the point where I could return it if your interested PM me maybe we can work a deal otherwise I need to put it on ebay.

Lenore

Practically Family
This makes me happy because the hubby and I were talking about having another baby, but I hate the idea of being stuck in some of those maternity clothes I wore during my last pregnancy. Some of these are really cute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner