Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage makeup tutorials

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi ladies. I am looking for some good vintage makeup tutorials. I am getting married in November and I have asked my 8 brides maids to do their makeup in vintage style. I have offered to let them watch me do my makeup but that can't happen for some of the girls. I am looking for a simple tutorial (nothing fancy) preferably that doesn't give specific makeup colors as I am affraid some girls will think that is what they need to wear. Also I would prefer it didn't have cat eye liner in it because I am not a fan of cat eyes on most people and I don't want people to think that need to happen either. I am really just looking for basic vintage style makeup. If you know of any good tutorials for beginners that would be fabulous.

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Have you ever thought about making a video yourself of you doing it with some tutorials? That way you could put on it exactly what you'd want. Sometimes when my friends call me with questions that are hard to explain I just make videos for them.

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Here are a few youtube 1940's make-up videos. The simple way to apply. And like the lady says on the videos. Use make-up colors that look best on you. That is what I always do. I almost never use the same color shown in these tutorials. I get the cheaper close to items. Such as for eyes I stick with NYC and wet and wild. Even though she does say to put on the eye-liner. I myself do not do the eye-liner, I stick with groomed eyebrows, the eyeshadow, and mascara. And for lips I use Revelon reds.

Here are the 1940's Girl Next Door Vintage Make-up part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ubR9sCyJC0

Girl Next Door Vintage Make-up part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwpNsr1zTE

indianasmith

New in Town
I so far couldn't find a good eyeliner tutorial...somehow I can't really find a nice eyeliner form for my eyes... that sets the 40s look right....any tips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy