Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage mens Bathing Suits and Swim Trunks

David Ward

Familiar Face
Any sources for mens two-peice swimwear?

Just curious, does anyone still make 'retro' (excuse my use of the word) swimwear, with the matching trunks and shirt? I've looked around the web and come up blank - any leads would be most helpful!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Are we talking "Exhibit "A"

63214d.jpg

Or "Exhibit B"

6a00d83451ccbc69e2011571f25d60970b-400wi

Good Ol' Days

New in Town
How many of you are vintage when swimming?

So, how many of you ladies and gents have vintage style swimming attire? And how many of you go 'vintage style' when swimming?

I bought myself a swimming costume the other day, and was quite delighted when my mother told me it was so 'olden day' style!

Beaubeau

New in Town
I don't particularly care for swimming, to be honest. It reminds me too much of forced school trips to the beach as a reward for finishing the county's How To Not Drown program every year.

I keep a suit like this so I can do laps in hotel pools while on vacation, but it's not a "vintage style" suit so much as a modern adaption of something that's been around a while.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Geesie said:
I don't. It's not easy to find vintage style men's swim shorts.

However, I do have a question now that we're on the topic...
What do you all think of these Navy-style dive shorts?

Are they retro-cool or "hey buddy, you aren't a SEAL"?

I think that depends. If you have a body like Daniel Craig... go for it. If not, stick with something a little looser and longer.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, Geesie, thank you for the warning, I'm glad I read before I clicked.

As far as the Seal team swim shorts... we have a name for those in the military but it's a bit derogatory so I'll not repeat it here. But they do seem to have the old school charm to them don't they? I have a friend who was a SEAL, I'll have to ask him about those.

As far as vintage swimming apparel, that is one area I don't think I'll go in the course of vintage wearing. I prefer what modern technology can give me as far as rapid drying, comfort and general style. I prefer under armor actually.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Hope you boys don't mind me poking in here but I've been following the thread with some amusement. I personally have no objection to shorts on men- how could I?
The absolute beacon of manliness wore 'em ;)
jamesbondthunderball.jpg

In regards to the OP's query, give American Apparel a try. The hipster kids don't balk at the idea of short shorts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails