Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Outerwear: Threads of the Past

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I've had this jacket for several years, it come this way. The thread has given way through out the jacket. The Leather Horsehide is very 30s, it is a very fine hide. I associate this company name and label with Grizzly jackets. This one is a near size 46 and fits me very well. I see very few of this label and none that are not Grizzly style. I like these movies and have many I will put up.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
A number of the 50s HD D pocket jackets have the rivets. There were a few versions though.
makes me think different makers/suppliers, same pattern but their own fingerprint, no one probably paid any attention until now, but just they way things got done, to get things done. I do like the rivets.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
makes me think different makers/suppliers, same pattern but their own fingerprint, no one probably paid any attention until know, but just they way things got done, to get things done. I do like the rivets.
Here are the belt loop rivets. What about that two seam down the middle of the back? Mine does not have that.

1644597612867.png

1644597647701.png

1644597704827.png

1644597903768.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
No center seam on the back panel on mine. I’m glad too. IMO it is visually less appealing.

very odd, how often do you see this in a 50s jacket? another maker; mine does not have the seam either, looks cheap.

You have the best of this breed I have seen.

very odd, how often do you see this in a 50s jacket? another maker; mine does not have the seam either, looks cheap.

You have the best of this breed I have seen.
Not often at all. Off the top of my head I can only think of one MC jacket from that era with the seam running from collar to hem straight down the middle— The Kurland I owned and sold off. Some of the Canadian makers made x zips with multi-panel backs too.

This jacket—
1437AAF0-AA9A-47AD-95CE-A88B116FB25D.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Incredible jacket that has and will stand the test of time.

Another example of Vintage jackets being the best buy in leather jackets.
I remember when it sold it was the only jacket I’ve ever sold that I nearly backed out of the sale. I’ve never done that and for good reason but I seriously considered it. This jacket is truly peerless in my humble group.
634FC402-5C56-499C-B366-26EE295242A7.jpeg

born113

One of the Regulars
What size of the main (long) zippers on old leather jackets was most often? #6, #8, #10?

Some. Very few. I’ve got one that squeaks, my HH Fidelity. Hardly worn when I got it. It is getting better though.

Most of my squeakers were not worn much in the last 60-80 years. I guess you gotta get yourself some earplugs and wear the jackets a decade or two. Imo, it has to do with wears not years. Similar to riding— it’s the miles, not the years. Doesn’t matter if you’ve been “riding” for 20 years if you don’t have the miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner