Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Outerwear: Threads of the Past

The entire old clothes catalog of mine. I’m wondering what I should pursue in vintage leather outerwear next…I seem to really gravitate toward HB’s. I suppose one can never have enough of those. Need maybe 4 more for the dirty dozen. Maybe 5 if the Knopf disintegrates.
EDB73258-49F4-4970-BDFE-A61A098A5FB9.jpeg
0DDB8C7C-014B-4152-8769-C67036243BE6.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
The entire old clothes catalog of mine. I’m wondering what I should pursue in vintage leather outerwear next…I seem to really gravitate toward HB’s. I suppose one can never have enough of those. Need maybe 4 more for the dirty dozen. Maybe 5 if the Knopf disintegrates.
View attachment 411735 View attachment 411736

BITCHEN AF!!!!!!!!! Gotta wipe the drool off my keyboard.......... What a variety of wearable Vintage!!! 80% of the bad ass vintage leather in the world is concentrated in Illinois (@tmitchell59 and @ton312) and Japan. Someday I'd like to post my stuff to share with the Lounge like this. I LOVE this thread. I mostly just look on in awe of these.

@ton312, SO I count (left to right) the Monarch (JESUS!!) the Excelled, the Campus, the Hercules (Hot Damn!!), the P66 (SUPER clean) and is that last HB the Knopf or is the last CarCoat the Knopf??? That last Halfy looks very very interesting and grainy. Goat???

What I am seeing more and more is less and less HBs and lotsa Car Coats that Sellers CALL Half Belts. That last Car Coat is one of the coolest I have seen. I'd love to find one like that. I think this is a great collection. But it could always grow and I'm certain it will!!!

BITCHEN AF!!!!!!!!! Gotta wipe the drool off my keyboard.......... What a variety of wearable Vintage!!! 80% of the bad ass vintage leather in the world is concentrated in Illinois (@tmitchell59 and @ton312) and Japan. Someday I'd like to post my stuff to share with the Lounge like this. I LOVE this thread. I mostly just look on in awe of these.

@ton312, SO I count (left to right) the Monarch (JESUS!!) the Excelled, the Campus, the Hercules (Hot Damn!!), the P66 (SUPER clean) and is that last HB the Knopf or is the last CarCoat the Knopf??? That last Halfy looks very very interesting and grainy. Goat???

What I am seeing more and more is less and less HBs and lotsa Car Coats that Sellers CALL Half Belts. That last Car Coat is one of the coolest I have seen. I'd love to find one like that. I think this is a great collection. But it could always grow and I'm certain it will!!!
You scored a perfect 100%. The last one, the front yoked car coat, I have no idea who made that one. It’s a nice hefty hide, despite looking a little flat!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 411735 View attachment 411736

I like them all with a special feeling for the Hercules. I remember well the fit of the Excelled, just right. You look good in the longer half belts, I do not. The bottom two are perfect for you.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Stanhouse of Rockford Illinois. Capeskin Golf jacket c.1950. This one came from Japan. I see very few Stanhouse outerwear. I associate the name with the 20s work jackets.

I do not know when they ended production.

It fit for a bit, so I took a bunch of pictures and put them in a slide show.

I'm always amazed when these Capeskin jackets survive in wearable condition. They are quite delicate

1647882882978.jpeg

1647883018184.jpeg

1647883043750.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member