Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pattern WANTED list

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Ladies

Would there by any usefulness to maintaining a separate thread here of patterns, by make and number (preferably with a pic) that have eluded us? I know we have had an effort to keep up a pattern swap thread, but it may be helpful to have a place simply to put info about our most wanted patterns to see if we can help each other obtain them, copy them, or seek a company like Evadress to offer them?

As a thought, I've seen a lot of interest in sailor patterns. I have a complete weakness for them and have several. If I have one that someone has been wanting, maybe we can help each other complete our collections??

What do you think?

Honey Doll

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
I think that sounds like a great idea. I know I've missed out on a lot of patterns I wanted. Adding pictures is a good idea too. I'm better able to remember which patterns I have by sight as opposed to manufacturer.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
This is a great idea. I love swimsuit patterns. I have one Simplicity 8480
swimsuit.jpg

but I would like to find a one piece swimsuit.

I'm desperate for a Marian Martin 9492 which I lost on eBay.
theonethatgotawa.jpg

I have one sailor outfit and would be willing to trade copies. HoneyDoll-I'd love to see what sailor outfits you have!
gotit.jpg

Someone is lending me a coat pattern. Otherwise I have none of my own. I'd be willing to trade copies (for a coat copy) as I live in Ontario and it's COLD!! How can I stay vintage chic in -30C weather and 3 feet of snow? So I'd love some good long coats.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ladies,

How about if we keep this one to patterns we are looking for but -don't- have?

The second we start offering patterns we -do- have and are willing to trade/copy/loan......it is the same thread as the pattern swap....

And if you do happen to have a pattern someone further up the thread is looking for....PM them on it...rather then clutter the thread with that.

If needed a bartender can add a -Found- line to posts that have now been fulfilled.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I think this is a fantastic idea!!!
I have a file with probably a hundred patterns that I've seen and liked, but didn't buy for one reason or another.

I tried to narrow it to my top 5, but couldn't cut that last one, so here's my 6 most wanted:

I think this one is McCall's 3695. I am not sure of the number though.
mccalls3695.jpg

Simplicity 2813
simplicity2813.jpg

McCall's 5359 I bought this one hoping to make the dress in pink. It turned out that the pattern was incomplete, so I only have the pieces for the purple dress. I would love to complete this pattern.
mccalls5359.jpg

McCall's 3590
mccalls3590.jpg

Simplicity 4321
simplicity4321.jpg

Simplicity 1461
simplicity1461.jpg

I'm looking for these in my sizes. I've bought outside my size before, and I've discovered the likelihood of my resizing them is next to nil. Of course that may be good for some of you looking for something... ;)
For most things I would take a 36 or 38 inch bust, for the fitted skirt a size 40 inch or more hip and for the full skirt probably a 28-30 inch waist.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
MarieAnne said:
This dress looks a lot like Butterick 6582.
http://www.butterick.com/item/B6582.htm??tab=dresses&page=8

Maybe you can mix the top of the wiggle dress with the bottom of the pouffy dress.

That is pretty similar. I have that Butterick, but haven't tried it out yet.

I know it's a longshot on that McCall's. I've been looking for it for years and haven't come up with another. If someone could even just confirm or correct the number on it I would be unbelievably thankful!! I'm really hung-up on that one, because I think it's the perfect shape for my figure (God bless princess seams). Ah well, maybe someday....

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture8.png
Picture7.png

I want this. Its a fairly simple dress (even with the detachable apron), but its my exact finished garment size! le'sigh! It would be nice for a change not having to grade up or worry about fit, for once!

The seller wants $75 for it lol

She can keep wanting till pigs fly.

LD

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Lady Day said:

That apron is so cute. It looks like it attaches to one of the buttons on the dress. One thing I've noticed with vintage patterns is how creative they get with their buttons. So many simple and different uses I'd never seen or thought of.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Simplicity 1168...Success!!

This is one that was on my hit list forever....finally picked it up...only had to trade one arm and one leg...

Simplicity1168.jpg
[/IMG]

Honey Doll

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Honey Doll said:
This is one that was on my hit list forever....finally picked it up...only had to trade one arm and one leg...

Simplicity1168.jpg
[/IMG]

Honey Doll

*confused look*

If you -have- it...then I say this belongs in Show us your Vintage patterns, otherwise this thread is a duplicate thread of that one?

This should be for patterns we do not have, and have had no success in finding, so that others can help. If you know -where- to get it but its too outrageous a price...then I say put it in 'Ones that got away'

Rachael

A-List Customer
Honey Doll said:
I lost out on this one....it haunts me! If anyone has seen one, I'd love to know!

Honey Doll

If you find it, I would love to have a copy! What a great bodice! I might have to break out the french curve and take a swipe at it.

Starry

New in Town

Hi ladies,
I'm a newbie here.I've been reading thru the forum and getting caught up.
Whew!Lots to see here.
I feel so bad,I had 2 HUGE boxes of these vintage patterns and I gave them up.I had so many,I knew I couldn't have made them all.
I could kick myself now.
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112