Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage sheet music?

Brinybay

Practically Family
Anybody here collect it? I stopped by a second hand store near me and the sweet little ol' lady who works there had to show me a couple stacks of old sheet music they just put out. She was old enough to probably remember much of it when she was a young girl. I don't know much about sheet music, but I browsed through some of them and found that most of them were from the 20s, 30s, 40s, with a few from the 50s and 60s. (I'm going by the copyright dates printed on the inside). Many of them had the name of the former owner written on the front.

I did a quick search online, and apparently sheet music is bought/sold mostly for the cover art, according to About.com.

If anybody here is really into sheet music, I would be happy to pick up some for you. They wanted $2 each, apparently that's the going price.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Eyemo said:
I'd be interested in any that had a WWII theam...Can pay you via paypal?

Yes, I have a Paypal account. I won't get a chance to get back there again until tomorrow afternoon (Thursday). By WW2 theme, do you mean music that makes specific reference to the war, or just anything during the war years? I have a digital camera, I'll get pics of any that may be of interest to you.

Eyemo

Practically Family
anything that has WW2 art on the covers would be great..Thanks, really appreciate this offer...:)

Brinybay

Practically Family
Eyemo said:
anything that has WW2 art on the covers would be great..Thanks, really appreciate this offer...:)

Understood. I'll let you know. There's also some older stuff, I had to look up MCMIV for a copyright date, 1904.

Brinybay

Practically Family
I had a little bit of time and the place wasn't far, so I went back and looked through them.

Using just cover art as a criteria, I only found one that was connected to WW2, but it's just the "Buy War Bonds" logo in the lower right corner. I just went ahead and bought it, if you don't want it, that's fine. The copyright is 1942. Here's the scan:

sheetmusic1.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
I'll have it!..sort out payment tomorrow... thanks again..and if I can return the favor!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart