Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spectator Shoes

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
Ha! Nice to know that the old memory is still good. That's cool. It was probably around that time that I sold mine. Deadstock as well. They were cap toes though. Went to Japan. I think about those shoes on a regular basis.

Marc Chevalier said:
They certainly are. I bought them deadstock on eBay about 5 years ago.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
AuctionsMay2007079.jpg

These blow my mind.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Marc,

all the shoes you showed are in pristine condition, do you ever wear them? and how do you find such breathtaking footwear on e-bay? I cannot remember ever seeing fine dress-shoes from the 30s (like the edwin clapps) on the bay..

:eusa_clap

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
djgo-cat-go said:
All the shoes you showed are in pristine condition, do you ever wear them?

Thanks! Yes, I wear them -- but not in heavy rotation. I keep them well maintained: shoe trees, regular polishing and conditioning, etc. Most of my shoes have come from eBay over a 12-year period. And as you might have guessed, I have an "emergency supply" of dozens of vintage deadstock flat cotton shoelaces. :)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
You'll have a chance at 12, but 13..............might as well be 15.......

Try this one on for size, Smarty Pants ....:p :p .... not cap toes, but overspecificity is the quickest path to not getting anything, I suppose ...

I just won these size 13 VINTAGE 1950s wingtip J. Murphy Aristocraft spectators for all of a miniature 56 dollars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300376007234

And thank you for the Brooks Bros. link, there are some gorgeous items there! But even at those sale prices, they are a bit hard to deal with on a graduate student budget. You'd be amazed, astonished, and wowed at how little I presently earn.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Wow Doran, size 13? Those are some snazzy gunboats...er....shoes you just won!

Doran said:
Try this one on for size, Smarty Pants ....:p :p .... not cap toes, but overspecificity is the quickest path to not getting anything, I suppose ...

I just won these size 13 VINTAGE 1950s wingtip J. Murphy Aristocraft spectators for all of a miniature 56 dollars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300376007234

And thank you for the Brooks Bros. link, there are some gorgeous items there! But even at those sale prices, they are a bit hard to deal with on a graduate student budget. You'd be amazed, astonished, and wowed at how little I presently earn.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
In a last minute gut shot I was outbid on these the other day, probably the coolest pair of ventilated spectators I've ever seen (eBay sure can be a wicked mistress:( ):

Picture5-2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24