Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spectator Shoes

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Check these out - 30's deadstock from England

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture6.png

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
DapperDuck said:
Purdy shoes and an amazing find Guttersnipe. What size are they? They look narrow, but it could just be the angle.

They're a 9 1/2 A (very narrow). They were on eBay last week, but didn't sell: the reserve price was not met.

Edwin Clapp was one America's finest shoe brands, BTW. That pair is probably from the 1930s.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Yeah that "A" width is kinda a kick in the side! As always you are a wealth of knowledge Mr. C. That's really interesting that that Edwin Clapp was an American firm - it certainly sounds British!

I think that I assumed the were English because of the crown on the logo and because the first time I ever saw shoes like these was in the 1950 English noir film Night and the City.

Marc Chevalier said:
They're a 9 1/2 A (very narrow). They were on eBay last week, but didn't sell: the reserve price was not met. Edwin Clapp was one America's finest shoe brands, BTW. That pair is probably from the 1930s. .

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
These ones of mine are "Edwin Clapp":

AuctionsMay2007128.jpg

AuctionsMay2007129.jpg

AuctionsMay2007130.jpg

I've always wondered to myself what marks these specs out as my all time favourites. Is it the proportions? Is it because the spade sole gives it a twist? Is it the pointiness of the captoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass