Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spectator Shoes

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
cookie said:
They have been around since the 40s I believe or maybe they were just designed that way.

Does this answer your question?

I'll need photos of some Broadstreets made in the 40s for proof ;) . Actually, I thought I had some photos of some older ones, but they turned out to be McGregors.

cookie said:
The new Paul Smith Specs - check the different medallions. He's good...our Paul!

Very nice! But I have to agree about the candy cane laces. They were not necessary lol.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Not on my wish list, but worth seeing here.

At the 1925 Exposition des Arts Decoratifs in Paris, where Art Deco was introduced to the world, a variety of men’s shoes were displayed. Who knows if anyone ever actually bought a pair, let alone wore them … but in any case, they existed.

The first photo below shows three British-made pair (from 1925!) in the collection of London’s Victoria & Albert Museum. All leather. Gilded leather shoelaces on two of 'em, too.

img061-1.jpg

Nice try Marc,

I know you just took some photos from a late 80s Jon Fluevog Catalog.

Anyone remember them. The coolest new wave shoes out of Vancouver. Pretty popular in Seattle. nothing incredible, but well made traditional shoes wiht cool pointy toes, brothel creepers, winklepickes, etc.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Not on my wish list, but worth seeing here.

At the 1925 Exposition des Arts Decoratifs in Paris, where Art Deco was introduced to the world, a variety of men’s shoes were displayed. Who knows if anyone ever actually bought a pair, let alone wore them … but in any case, they existed.

The first photo below shows three British-made pair (from 1925!) in the collection of London’s Victoria & Albert Museum. All leather. Gilded leather shoelaces on two of 'em, too.

img061-1.jpg

wonder what a pair of those would be worth now?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"On a Melbourne cup Tuesday I was busy getting ready for the office (A 10.00 am start ) when I noticed "Jackson" my elderly butler struggling to retrieve an odd shaped packaged from the mailbox, I was trying to help him when I noticed the return address on the said package was an "FL Chumrade" S H O E S !!!!!!

Jackson was rather upset as he was expecting two (2) haggis's from his twin Maiden Aunts in Aberdeen (I had to buy him some Aberdeen Kippers from DJ's to console him)

Here they are. uh Mm Shoes, not kippers

4071916152_4cc3bd6637.jpg

"Oh by the way folks that's not an Antipodean Cocktail Shaker at left of frame"

4071907466_431920e7d3_b.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont said:
"Gene They look fantastic, I feel like one of the Ugly Sisters here is the same shoe on my FAT foot!"

3965278829_f6b2501089_m.jpg

3965306917_eb601b817a_m.jpg

The frustration runs the other way too. I have stumbled on some rather nice shoes that were too wide for my hot dogs. Now, however, I'm keeping an eye out for those types with you guys in mind. I owe cookie one. Well, two, as it were. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21