Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The car may have looked like a sack of walnuts but it was painted really well. lol lol lol
I see one everyday, in the form of a pick up.
Prep is 85-90% of the paint job IMHO.
I built a few cars for show, one of them I spent 2 weeks wet sanding daily, after it was primed earlier in the day.
Wet sand, and prime, repeat, until I had every single divot, every single ripple filled.
The paint came out looking like glass.
So I can see how Sheib did it, little prep time.

I see one everyday, in the form of a pick up.
Prep is 85-90% of the paint job IMHO.
I built a few cars for show, one of them I spent 2 weeks wet sanding daily, after it was primed earlier in the day.
Wet sand, and prime, repeat, until I had every single divot, every single ripple filled.
The paint came out looking like glass.
So I can see how Sheib did it, little prep time.
Sheib also owned the company that produced the paint. :p He used to sell it to all the body shops too. :p

wsc

New in Town
How about a vacuum worth a darn, you know how many vacuums I've bought the last 20 yrs? I remember my mother having one older than I am up to a few years ago. You remember the kind that you pulled behind you and had the hair dryer attachment?

earl

A-List Customer
How about a vacuum worth a darn, you know how many vacuums I've bought the last 20 yrs? I remember my mother having one older than I am up to a few years ago. You remember the kind that you pulled behind you and had the hair dryer attachment?
That would be an old Electrolux. What I remember about the vacuums of over 20 years ago is that they were about as heavy as boulders, but don't recall them as being more effective. Earl

The kind with the brontosaur neck and the retractable plug-in cord? We had one that sucked up anything and lasted through my childhood and into my thirties.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Great point.
Kirby vacuums were great as well.
Since my wife and I got married, we've been through 2 vacuums so far.
Bissell, not the Walmart special.

dnjan

One Too Many
making the food you bring to a potluck

When was the last time you were at a potluck, and all the food was home-made?
Seems like people are more likely today to "stop and pick something up on the way" instead of cooking something themselves.

Potlucks are very popular with third shift, where I work. I think they use it as an excuse to get out of working lol

When was the last time you were at a potluck, and all the food was home-made?
Seems like people are more likely today to "stop and pick something up on the way" instead of cooking something themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace