Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Mike you're a sadist! Now I have a terrible image of the 1970s, which was the mistake that Father Time accidently created between the swinging 60s and the electronic 80s.

I'm big on earth tones, I love greens, browns, beiges, tans, yellows, and all those fun colors that are ironically on 60's and 70's items galore, not sure if it's a connection from our outdated possessions I had as a child or not.

Would I be correct in saying green is your favourite colour?

Useless fact: Green is the easiest colour on the eye and red is the hardest

None taken, I know it's not popular these days, my friends don't even know the name of the color, they just call it 'Buick Green' in reference to my car.
Shazzabanazza,

I'd have to agree, avocado green is OK............on Avocado's! ;)

No offence Tom...!

Danny O

I have burnt-orange-ish Lazy Boy recliners, we had harvest gold appliances in 2 houses when I was growing up, and green shag carpeting :)
And it goes so well with burnt orange, harvest gold and cocoa brown, shag carpets, and the Brady Bunch...

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
We used to have a reteo orange lounge sweet when I was a littlie. Mum got ride of it and updated to a more modern lounge suite. I wish she had kept the orange one! :mad:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I love green, infact I would kill for a bathroom like this (it's room 237 actually).
3149633022_0a4e0a8003.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I love green, infact I would kill for a bathroom like this (it's room 237 actually).
3149633022_0a4e0a8003.jpg

For some reason, I really like that. I guess it's because the green gives it a kinda cool, relaxing look.

**Wants to sink into that bath at the end of the room and fall asleep**

That place would also look pretty cool in blue.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
For some reason, I really like that. I guess it's because the green gives it a kinda cool, relaxing look.

**Wants to sink into that bath at the end of the room and fall asleep**

That place would also look pretty cool in blue.

Blue would look amazing! (blue is my fav colour) :love:

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Sky blue & navy blue would look really nice, I reckon.

I'm a fountain pen freak. Inks and colours are one of my passions...

Awsome! What colours do you like best?

I reckon sky blue would look fab for that bathroom or even cotton candy pink..OMG now im getting carried away! lol

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awsome! What colours do you like best?

I reckon sky blue would look fab for that bathroom or even cotton candy pink..OMG now im getting carried away! lol

Cotton Candy Pink, that's what color the bathroom in our first house was. The house was built in 1954 or 55. Pink appliances too. The seat cover was foam padded, which was un-nerving to say the least...

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats