Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Cotton Candy Pink, that's what color the bathroom in our first house was. The house was built in 1954 or 55. Pink appliances too. The seat cover was foam padded, which was un-nerving to say the least...

Later

WOWZA! Do you have any pics of your first house and the bathroom, I love to see them if you do :D Foam padded seat lol

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
QUOTE=AtomicEraTom;1165810]I'm looking at buying a house soon, maybe putting an offer in this week on one if God's willing. Maybe then I'll have my pink bathroom :) Maybe it even has one! I haven't looked at the inside of the place yet.[/QUOTE]

:whoo: Exciting stuff! Keep us in the loop :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
kodak kodachrome film, colour will never be the same again, boo hiss!

Germolene antiseptic cream in tins

the cinema usherette with a torch and a nice uniform who used to show you to your seat and sell icecream and kiaora in the plastic cartons in the interval.

Woolworths

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
"the cinema usherette with a torch and a nice uniform who used to show you to your seat and sell icecream and kiaora in the plastic cartons in the interval".

Miss Sofia,

Kia-ora in plastic cartons - that's just brought back memories of Saturday morning pictures, munching on Spangles and Sherbet Fountains, watching cartoons, with the requisite "Pearl & Dean" trailers!

Danny O

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
For the benefit of those who live across the pond, what is Kiaora?

Kahuna,

Sure, no problem. Kia-Ora was an orange drink, sold in square plastc cartons, and was synonymous with early trips to the cinema, during the 60's and 70's. It was the staple refreshment, along with hot dogs and popcorn.

It's name is actually a Maori greeting, for "good health".

Cheers,

Danny O

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
;)
I'll be more than happy to. I do very much like the big bay window on the front of the house. It's also on a triple lot with no neighbors.

Also, glass milk bottles, don't so those anymore.

Bay windows..very nice

Hey! I was gana say glass milk bottles. I was just talking about them the other day. I think it would be fantastic if they were to make a come back. Plastic bottles are a waste of resources in my opinion.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Kahuna,

Sure, no problem. Kia-Ora was an orange drink, sold in square plastc cartons, and was synonymous with early trips to the cinema, during the 60's and 70's. It was the staple refreshment, along with hot dogs and popcorn.

It's name is actually a Maori greeting, for "good health".

Cheers,

Danny O

:eek: Wow thats quite bizaar, a drink with a New Zealand greeting all the way in America!

Agreed. I try to buy as much as I can in glass. I have a ton of 'glasses' that once were Ragu containers, they also work great for holding nails, push-pins, twist ties, etc.

;)

Bay windows..very nice

Hey! I was gana say glass milk bottles. I was just talking about them the other day. I think it would be fantastic if they were to make a come back. Plastic bottles are a waste of resources in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff