Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Western Belts

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
As an offshoot of the repro western belt thread, I thought we should have one dedicated to the originals, and to how the style changed over the years.

1927 Sears. Vaguely western embossing, but still a dress belt

1930 Sears. Cowboy Belt

1931 Sears

1932 Sears

1932 Sears

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow that is nice! Makes you want to own them and more so, for the price tags! Less than one dollar back then would buy a really great looking belt. That one Ad, says free shipping on any order for more than $2.00! Of course, reminding of a few factors of that time period. You could buy a new car for less than $2,000.00 Homes sold for about $12,000.00 (no..not a Mansion). A Nickle would get you a sandwich or a beer at some places, and shoes were less than $10.00 a pair.

Where is that time machine at? LOL!

Tiger_Rag

New in Town
A nice and refreshing post DM. Here are a few NOS belts I purchased as a lot a couple of years ago. My guess is late 40s early 50s? BTW, these and other deadstock vintage goodies will be headed to next month's VLV Rockabilly Weekender.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Thanks a LOT for this, Dinerman, really awesome! I kinda knew that the 'jewels and studs' style went back to the '30s but not quite as early as '33... funny how many modern belts of this type are really heavily embellished, whereas the earlier ones were more tasteful, I think... I try to emulate this era with my own belts (Facebook page link here) as many good people already currently produce the more ornate designs...

969647_308734652592699_1693678483_n.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Really sharp, all of these make me wish to own a few for both Daniel and myself.

So now, who is making or selling these belts? Anyone here on the Lounge?

And one other sort of odd ball question, can this type of belt trimmings be done to a alligator belt?

Thanks for posting all these belts and advertisements.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Originals pop up on eBay from time to time. The two above of mine are up at the moment.
Here's the thread on the reproductions. Several of our members make them to order.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21