Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
48wardsss9.jpg

52wardsss16.jpg

48wardsfw17.jpg

48wardsfw15.jpg

39wardsfw23.jpg

39wardsfw22.jpg

1919wardsfw14.jpg

1919wardsfw13.jpg

1919wardsfw10.jpg

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
That's a great collar! I work at a blue collar job, and sadly, my coworkers would make fun of me if I showed up to work wearing anything more than a Tshirt or long-sleeved Tshirt and jeans, let alone if the shirt were tucked in. :rolleyes:

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:

Great find. The one thing that bugs about the chinstraps shirts made for the American fashion market (Urban Outfitters, the Gap) is that the collars are too small and not pointy enough. I want shirts with collars that look like that.

On another note, I saw a pair of WWII khakis from Buzz Rickson at the Rockabilly Rave. I was really impressed and ordered a pair from Milwaukee. Does anyone know what the difference is between the '42 and '45 model?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
resortes805 said:
The one thing that bugs about the chinstraps shirts made for the American fashion market (Urban Outfitters, the Gap) is that the collars are too small and not pointy enough.

They're based on chinstrap shirts from the first 2 decades of the 20th century. Workshirts from, say, 1918 had rectangular collars whose points formed 90 degree angles.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
They're based on chinstrap shirts from the first 2 decades of the 20th century. Workshirts from, say, 1918 had square-shaped collars whose points formed 90 degree angles.

Humbug!!! I wanna look like Tom Joad, not some poor sap about to get shipped out to fight the Kaiser!

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
resortes805 said:
I used to wear these jeans back in the nineties as a teenager. They are basically Ben Davis knockoffs, but with the cut of a pair of Frisko Jeens, with a higher waist and wide legs (hence the tagline, "The Real OG Frisko"). Made for the Latino market, the company has since folded due to shifting fashion tastes. I recently bought some old backstock of these in blue, black and charcoal denim.

Frisco Jeans are actually a really old brand. They were union made, and hence became part of the unofficial "uniform" of West Coast Longshoremen back in the day:
sanfrancisco_200304A35_04.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Guttersnipe said:
Frisco Jeans are actually a really old brand. They were union made, and hence became part of the unofficial "uniform" of West Coast Longshoremen back in the day:
sanfrancisco_200304A35_04.jpg

Yup, I actually lost out an ebay auction to a Japanese collector for a original (pre-Lee) pair of Frisko's in my size. Their logo was of a rooster wearing overalls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo