Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

habberdasher

A-List Customer
McFarlaneNYC said:
I always like this workwear look:

saboteur_foto_300.jpg

Richard Cummings on the right, in Alfred Hitchcock's Saboteur (1942)

I have one question about his clothes in the movie. want kind/color shirt do you guys think he is wearing ?

Charlie
That's my favorite workwear look too! Waist-length short sport jacket, leather or fabric, a tie with tie bar and long, curved thirties collar, ankle-height leather boots, and more formal workpants. It looks dignified while still practical

mattfink

Practically Family
marineabilly said:
Nice, Mattfink!! Check out the Grizzly on the guy to the far bottom right :eusa_clap

I know...too bad it was cut off. I'll have to check to see if there is another version on the archive. Lot's of great styles throughout the photo! :D

mattfink

Practically Family
jetgirl said:
I like the guy wearing his cap backwards and smoking a stogie. What a great photo, it shows such variety. What year is this?

This photo is from Fort Peck, Montana in 1936 by Margaret Bourke-White. Love it! :)

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Ha!! Forget about the Grizzly...check out the guy sleeping - drunk, perhaps?

Mattfink, would you agree that the picture of that sweater doesn't do it justice? It looks much better in person - also, the hooded version of it is pretty nice looking, too. It definitely has a vintage vibe to it.

mattfink

Practically Family
marineabilly said:
Ha!! Forget about the Grizzly...check out the guy sleeping - drunk, perhaps?

Mattfink, would you agree that the picture of that sweater doesn't do it justice? It looks much better in person - also, the hooded version of it is pretty nice looking, too. It definitely has a vintage vibe to it.

LOL!!! I feel like taking a nap right now...had to get up and clear about 5 inches of snow this morning before work.

You mean the pullover from the Gap? Yeah, it's got a great subtle pattern to the fabric you can't see in the on-line photo.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Serious question - what Makes Larry "Hellers Cafe" the King of Vintage. Is it because he's probably the largest contributer to the line of Rin Tanaka books? I'm sure there are other collectors out there that should claim this title. Mike Manpearl...where's does he stack up? He's gotta be up there, no?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
marineabilly said:
Serious question - what Makes Larry "Hellers Cafe" the King of Vintage. Is it because he's probably the largest contributer to the line of Rin Tanaka books? I'm sure there are other collectors out there that should claim this title. Mike Manpearl...where's does he stack up? He's gotta be up there, no?
That book is the first in a series, so maybe Rin will cover his other contributors in future books (?)

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
marineabilly said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends on the era, I guess. I'd call Brian the "King of 50s threads", although there are some Japanese collectors that could give him a run for the money (because they got most of their best items from him).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo